PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good time for fishing?

krille
09-24-2004, 08:43 AM
It seems to me that at certain hours I am able to find much fishier games... around this time... ~13 GMT... I have found many fish, while in the evenings the play is tougher.

As an example, I just finished a 4-tabling session at RVP $0.5/$1, and every table had >50% seeing the flop, while later on in the day it's usually around 40% for an average table. (To give an example... first hand at one of the tables a guy goes all-in for $1.77 and 8 people call! One guy bets his queen high on every street... and is called by jack high every street... jack high catches a ragged pair on the river and wins!)

You guys think it is possible for this to be correct? Unfortunately I don't have much data at the moment but this is something I will certainly look into...

cagedman
09-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Of course. Recreational opponents are easier and have more gamble in them.

Recreational players are usually at work during the day and play occasionally at night right after their after-dinner highball.

Play accordingly based on the primary time zones of your opponents. (This is why scandanavians are less blessed playing partypoker.. they get to play the addicts and daytime pros/retired grandpa rocks collecting moss.

beta1607
09-24-2004, 11:02 AM
I noticed that before about 11 AM PST is generally tougher on PP. I think it has something to do with the fact that all the west coast fish arent up yet.

VarlosZ
09-25-2004, 11:37 AM
Yeah, in my experience 8PM-2AM Eastern US time is the best. In the Party $100 NLHE tables, I don't even bat an eyelash as I get to make notes every hand like: "Very WO [weak openers]: J2o, EP, etc."