PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker... How worth it is it?

aLOWdAkING
09-24-2004, 05:26 AM
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the forums.

I've heard countless posts on Poker Tracker and how good it is to use, etc... I'm thinking of purchasing it.

Is it really worth the $70? What are the benefits and disadvanages (if any).

I'm only playing low limit games on Party Poker, and they are pretty easy. Is PokerTracker more useful for the high limit games, or will they aid even more in the lower limits? Has anybody had an experience where they played well w/o PT, but had amazingly better results with it?

Thanks

mistrpug
09-24-2004, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody had an experience where they played well w/o PT, but had amazingly better results with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I had good results before I used PT. However, it has allowed me to improve my game and has more than paid for itself in just a few months.

PS It's $55.

fnord_too
09-24-2004, 09:13 AM
I think it is very much worth it. PT will help you find leaks in your game, so you can plug them, and leaks in your opponents' games, so that you can exploit them. Very worth the money.

Kluddeludde
09-24-2004, 09:14 AM
Quote from flair1239:

Three months ago I posted a question as to whether PT was worth the investment. Microbob replied and said that even if PT did a third of what it does and cost three times as much it would still be worth the money.

Enough said.

Kludde

Dangergirl
09-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Take it from a beginner's perspective here. Poker tracker is worth every penny and so much more. It will help you identify leaks in your game the you wouldn't even know were there and it will also help you keep track of your opponents. It took awhile to get the hang of but after that you learn new things everyday with using that and the posts about it on this site.

SirFoldsAlot
09-24-2004, 03:03 PM
I have had PT for over a year now, invaluable at first. The only thing I don't like about it is that I have 55,000 hands in there and it is now super slow.

Rudbaeck
09-24-2004, 04:23 PM
It paid for itself in a night of 1/2 I think.

At first it was invaluable to understand that I was NOT tight-aggressive, I was tight-passive. Now it's very useful for opponent analysis and replay of hands. When someone checkraises your TPTK on the turn and has never checkraised before in 280 hands you can safely lay it down. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Maybe my brain is too small, but when playing against thousand of opponents each month and often 36 of them at once I just can't keep em neatly filed away in my head.

Dangergirl
09-26-2004, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have had PT for over a year now, invaluable at first. The only thing I don't like about it is that I have 55,000 hands in there and it is now super slow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sir have you tried going to the Poker Tracker website and doing a search for things you can do to optimize your database? I recently read a few topics started by others that were in a similar situation.

Blarg
09-27-2004, 01:22 AM
Model yourself on the best. The most successful players here almost all use Pokertracker and love it. Don't re-invent the wheel. Buy it and gird your loins for battle(with other loins or something, I don't know).