PDA

View Full Version : External Game Time Window?

Ajax410
09-24-2004, 04:34 AM
Hey -

I'm just curious how many players actually use this feature of Poker Tracker. It seems like, when I'm playing 4 tables at once, this isn't plausible. The constant switching between windows and updating players doesn't seem worth it? Any advice on how you guys manage to juggle all this with your multi-tabling?

Cerril
09-24-2004, 05:25 AM
I've practiced with it while 1 or 2-tabling, but I rarely use it with 4 tables; I just rely on what notes I already have. For the most part at the micros I can play assuming people are 'bad' and do well enough, though obviously notes are a big help when you can fold to unexpectedly tight players.

detruncate
09-24-2004, 06:54 AM
Coupled with the auto-import and auto-rate features, I find the game time windows very helpful. I tile the tables 2x2 at 1600x1200 on a 19" monitor, which gives me enough gap space to leave the the title bar for each corrosponding gametime window accessible. It's a simple matter to pull it up in front of the table it belongs to when faced with a read-dependent decision.

They also make it easier to evaluate the table texture. The accuracy of my evaluation depends a lot on how many hands I've seen the flop with. Infrequent snapshots can be deceiving. For example, I might notice that I've been 3-bet by the same guy twice, but it can be a big step from there to noticing that he's raised a full 50% of his hands unless you have some numbers to look at. It's entirely possible that you've got a much greater aptitude for mulit-tasking than I do... but I find the gametime windows help me figure these things out a little sooner than I ordinarily would.

StuR
09-24-2004, 06:58 AM
I use it when I play to tables and find it just fills up the screen (two tables plus two GT windows)

On Party now PT updates every minute using the stord hand histories and if you select the table using the preferences tab, It updates itself as players came and go.

Hope this helps

StuR

Akimka
09-24-2004, 09:12 AM
I think this is essential thing to play /images/graemlins/smile.gif
As previous poster said - 4 party screen overlays 4 game time window + autoimport&autorate very userfull thing.

Because of you need to make your desicions when 4tabling fast you haven't many time to evaluate each player independenly but you can understand texture of table - and this is a key factor to determine profitable table.