PDA

View Full Version : KTs out of SB

udontknowmickey
09-24-2004, 02:10 AM
Just sat down at the table, 1st hand after I posted.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Ok, so I flop TPGK, but the board is 2 suited. I check to see what happens and I get a bet and a raise. Does anyone fold there? I decide to call and it comes back capped. Unfortunate but I grudgingly call.

Turn: (17 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls... Hero?

Does anyone call with the additional gutshot? I kind of expect a checkraise from UTG+1 here, so I dont' want to invest two BB. I feel like I'm definitely beat, with someone on the flush draw and someone having a better kicker. Possibly a set? I decide to fold figuring I had 4 outs at most with a good chance of a raise after me.

DocMartin
09-24-2004, 02:36 AM
Assuming no read on a LAG MP1..

Preflop: I fold this to a raise (then I'm not faced with the following tough decisions)
Flop: I bet with TPGK and see whats up, but after all that action without a read I fold
Turn: I like the reasoning for folding here (perhaps UTG+1 was protecting a flush draw and decided to slow down)

Looks like UTG+1 has the flush going and MP1 could have a big pair or AK

Entity
09-24-2004, 02:39 AM
I fold this when it's 2 back to me on the flop. Your preflop call was fine (I might not do it, but I hate KTs), but I think this is a clear fold on the flop.

What card do you really want to see on the turn?

Rob

Cerril
09-24-2004, 03:38 AM
KTs is rough to a raise preflop. I'd say unless you get hit harder than that you can't get too attached to it on the flop. Bet out, but if you're still faced with two more bets drop it.

wabe
09-24-2004, 02:43 PM
I don't think your other kings are clean outs, and your tens are suspect as well (Th completes a flush, the others may complete a straight).

I would've folded after it came back to me capped.

Chris Daddy Cool
09-24-2004, 02:46 PM
that action isn't good for your hand, fold the flop.

brettbrettr
09-24-2004, 02:55 PM
I'd have folded pre-flop.

Why not bet out the flop?