PDA

View Full Version : Comparing the various online sites

Aaron W.
09-24-2004, 01:58 AM
I play at Paradise Poker (used to be at $.50/1 but I moved up to $1-2 within the last week), and I've always had a sense that the games there are tighter and tougher than the Party Poker games at the same stakes. I thought it was about time to ask and find out if this is indeed the case.

I was also wondering if there was anyone out there who plays at enough sites to be able to say what equivalences there are between sites. For example, the $1-2 Paradise games play like the $?-? Party games (this is the one I'm really curious about, of course).

KingSix
09-24-2004, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play at Paradise Poker (used to be at $.50/1 but I moved up to $1-2 within the last week), and I've always had a sense that the games there are tighter and tougher than the Party Poker games at the same stakes. I thought it was about time to ask and find out if this is indeed the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES

It would be difficult to compare and equalize different games because every player is different. If you like loose games with poor players, Party is where you need to be. I would say give it a try and see how it fits into your own game and then compare your 1/2 Party numbers to your 1/2 numbers from other sites and see how you do.

King

Cerril
09-24-2004, 06:36 AM
I'm not sure if their guide is either up to date or any good, but bonuswhores.com had a pretty comprehensive set of listings of pros and cons of various sites.

But as far as 'which games are the softest' party definitely comes out way ahead.

Aaron W.
09-24-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm playing off of the Leaving Pokerstars for Party Poker (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=990232&page=0&view=co llapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post1057266990232) post a little bit (in terms of relating sites' difficulty levels). I'm not interested in making money -- that is, I'm not trying to find the softest games around and use poker as a secondary source of income. I am interested in learning to play tougher games well. (Sort of a "student of the game" mentality.)

Looking at the posts on this forum, the $1-2 game at Paradise plays nothing like these games (at least that's the initial feeling after only a few hours - This might change if I've just been at tough tables). Most flops are only 3-4 way, and it seems about a fourth or a third of them are raised preflop. I also think I've had blind stealing opportunities 6-8 times in the first few hours of online play, which basically never happened at the $.50-1 game (and doesn't seem to reflect the games posted here).

Since I don't have opportunity to play live or on multiple sites (time constraints), I don't have much of a reference frame to really know where these games fit in terms of difficulty.

The pokerwhores site just has games relative to other games at the same cost, but their ratings don't give the equivalences that I'm looking for. Should I be focusing my reading on the Party $3-6 games, or higher, or lower?

Does anybody else play Paradise $1-2?

KingSix
09-25-2004, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am interested in learning to play tougher games well. (Sort of a "student of the game" mentality.)

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a nice 30,000-60,000 game at the Bellagio.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Should I be focusing my reading on the Party $3-6 games, or higher, or lower?

[/ QUOTE ]

These games are far from "tough". I would imagine you've gotta step up to 10-20 or higher to see some "tough" play. (Although the 15-30 is as bad as the 3-6).

King