PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for all the posts...55 flops a set.

Entity
09-24-2004, 01:58 AM
Was remembering being chastised for my play of a flopped set with 33 earlier. Is this better?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed)

UTG+1 ($3.30)
MP1 ($10.25)
MP2 ($8.25)
MP3 ($1.55)
CO ($8.20)
Button ($1.75)
SB ($7.10)
Hero ($38.30)
UTG ($1.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $0.2</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20, Button calls $0.20, SB calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($1.20) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets $0.3</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls $0.30, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls $1.05 (All-In), SB calls $2.70.

Turn: ($8.55) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, SB calls $3.90 (All-In).

River: ($16.45) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $16.45

okayplayer
09-24-2004, 02:07 AM
I would've played it the same. You lose to the flush?

okay

Entity
09-24-2004, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would've played it the same. You lose to the flush?

okay

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, villain had Ad5d and I dragged the pot. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

Shibby
09-24-2004, 02:27 AM
I don't know what you were chastised for before with the 3's... link?... but, I would have pushed the set on the flop, you can damn near guarantee that the other players caught a part of that flop and they'd continue to call you down as you were pushing.

Edit: N/M, I didn't notice that you c/r'd. Even so, I would have still pushed that from the beginning to reduce the chances of the entire table getting a free card. But, it worked out for you.

schwza
09-24-2004, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what you were chastised for before with the 3's... link?... but, I would have pushed the set on the flop, you can damn near guarantee that the other players caught a part of that flop and they'd continue to call you down as you were pushing.

Edit: N/M, I didn't notice that you c/r'd. Even so, I would have still pushed that from the beginning to reduce the chances of the entire table getting a free card. But, it worked out for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you know push means to bet/raise all-in? if so, that would be a massive overbet on the flop. as it turns out, the result probably would have been the same. i think it's well-played, except i would have c/r'd a little smaller on the flop.

welcome to the forum.

amoeba
09-24-2004, 10:49 AM
why c/r on the flop instead of betting out?

If you bet out, most will probably put you on an A. The A 5 guy probably would have raised anyways. Also prevents multiple flush drawers from checking the flop through.

This isn't a big criticism though. As it is, I think you played it fine.

Entity
09-24-2004, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why c/r on the flop instead of betting out?

If you bet out, most will probably put you on an A. The A 5 guy probably would have raised anyways. Also prevents multiple flush drawers from checking the flop through.

This isn't a big criticism though. As it is, I think you played it fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
C/R the flop as a holdover from limit days. When UTG+1 raises preflop (with a minraise), I'm expecting to see something like ATs, AQs, AJs, AJo, or if he's a bad player, A8o, etc. With an ace on that flop, I'm expecting to see him bet some portion of the pot (maybe .6 or so), and he'll get callers from people who have an ace or a draw. Then I can C/R to a large amount to shut out flush draws and get any good aces (but bad players) to push.

Does that line make sense? Basically I'm expecting a bet from the PFR (which makes sense in limit), and since he's immediately to my left, I'll let the rest of the field cold-call him and then hit the entire field with a C/R, netting me a bigger pot if I drag the entire thing down there.

Rob

amoeba
09-24-2004, 11:28 AM
I would definitely agree with c/r in limit. in NL though, I would more often bet out.

anyways, not too big a deal.

Ghazban
09-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Given your read of the PF raiser, I think the C/R here is a perfectly fine decision. As others have mentioned, the problem comes if he doesn't do his part and bet. If you are comfortable laying the set down if it gets checked around and the flush hits, this is an acceptable line. If you're tied on to your set regardless of what comes, you're better off leading.