PDA

View Full Version : 77 in the CO-1

JayKon
09-24-2004, 01:14 AM
9/18 game, full table 12/24 half kill pot (no posted blind) and yes it is weird, so please don't ask.

The game has just come out of a tight/passive phase and a very aggressive player (MP) has just sat down, this is his 2nd hand and he folded his first.

UTG calls (a loose passive player, who calls way too much, but is known to make steal bets at pots).
MP raises
Hero in CO-1 3-bets w/ 77 - I want to isolate MP. As is normal, my table image is tight, agressive & tricky.
All fold to the EP who calls
MP caps
All call

13 SB & 3 players to the flop.

Flop: T52 rainbow

EP checks, MP bets, Hero raises, EP fold, MP 3-bet, Hero caps.

10.5 BB to the turn.

Now I should explain myself here. I have played with MP many times and he is known for pushing very small edges with marginal hands and always waits for the turn with big pocket pairs and sets. When he three bet the flop, I was 95% sure he had AK, AKs, AQs, but not AA-TT, or any set.

Turn: K completing the rainbow.

MP bets w/ a jerk. I feel my read is 98%

This is the only place I can fold. If I call, I must at least call on the river no matter if a 7 hits, or not.

Who folds? Who calls? Does anyone raise?

astroglide
09-24-2004, 01:29 AM
Hero in CO-1 3-bets w/ 77 - I want to isolate MP.

theory

All fold to the EP who calls
MP caps

practice

SA125
09-24-2004, 02:32 AM
astro is the all-time king of ....brevity. Reminds me of that Mike Meyer SNL drag character of the woman talk show host, an older Jewish woman with glasses - Linda some sh*t, who starts talking about a subject then says "talk amongst yourselves."

JayKon
09-24-2004, 03:03 AM
I did expect EP to hop the re-raise. I also expected him to check the flop and MP to bet, which I planned to raise. If EP calls the flop, I'm done with the hand unless a 7 hits.