PDA

View Full Version : fold or call? please help

ktma
09-24-2004, 12:58 AM
I was playing in Party Poker 1/2 Limit. I don't know whether I should call on the turn. Am I being too weak?

Preflop: Hero is SB with T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif (10 handed)
UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: (5 SB) A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero checks, BB bets, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls

Turn: (4.5 BB) A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks, BB bets, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero folds

I don't know whether I should fold here.

cold_cash
09-24-2004, 01:05 AM
The pot's tiny, your hand has practically zero chance of being good at the moment, and any draw you have is suspect at best (you could be drawing dead or drawing painfully slim at only half the pot).

I wouldn't want to play any more either.

Sent
09-24-2004, 01:11 AM
Yeah probably only 4 good outs on the flop, I'd fold it then most likely

-Sent

flair1239
09-24-2004, 10:16 AM
I don't think you lost anything by folding here. As a matter of fact it probably would not have been weak to fold to the flop bet.

The board is coordinated, you have very few clean outs. On a board like this you might even lose if you make your (2) pair, and the pot is small. (Also you are being cheated because the Jh is out twice...lol)

In a big pot it might be a different story. But here I think calling was OK, folding might have been better. Folding the turn was good.

DocMartin
09-24-2004, 12:33 PM
no one is being very aggressive here but it still looks like your only outs are the Q's & J's and you dont have the odds to make the call.

Seems like they have A or K weak kicker