PDA

View Full Version : QJs vs. BigBaitSim at a psuedo 2+2 table

bisonbison
09-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Party 3/6.

UTG folds and I limp UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Bad UTG+2 limps, couple of MP players fold, sthief folds, CDC folds, slightly loose and def. passive SB completes, and BigBaitsim checks his option.

For a little background: BBS and I just finished a hand on another table where I called on the button, he raised out of the SB and I capped the 5-way flop with a flush draw that I checked through on the turn. He may be wary of giving me free cards.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
SB checks, BBS bets, I raise, EP folds, SB folds, BBS calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
BBS bets, I raise, BB calls.

River: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
BBS checks, I check.

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-24-2004, 12:11 AM
You beat me to it. I posted this and another hand (without the hole card cam).

Danenania
09-24-2004, 12:12 AM
I'd bet the river. I expect a Q with a worse kicker than mine most of the time. He probably won't call me but since I really don't think I'm behind very often here, I want to give him a chance to make a mistake, especially if I've been playing him aggressively.

I think flopped two-pair always 3-bets the flop. I think QT always 3-bets the turn. I don't see much else to worry about on this board.

pudley4
09-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Bet the river. He's got a weaker Q (maybe Q /images/graemlins/club.gifx /images/graemlins/club.gif) or he's got the T /images/graemlins/club.gifx /images/graemlins/club.gif. He'd 3bet you somewhere with KQ or QT.

cold_cash
09-24-2004, 12:44 AM
Are you guys hunting in packs now, or what?

nepenthe
09-24-2004, 12:46 AM
Alucards drinking off each other.

bisonbison
09-24-2004, 12:49 AM
Are you guys hunting in packs now, or what?

It seems that no matter where I sit now, a 2+2er will show up, say "hi bisonbison from the 2+2 forums, how's the hand history converter for studying your game in-depth?" and then invite 15 of his closest forum friends to come over and sit in.

cold_cash
09-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Ah, the perils of celebrity.

It's only a matter of time before you have people hiding in your bushes taking pictures of you in your underwear.

Just goes to show you, doing something for the good of the whole always comes back to bite you in the ass. Stick to selfishness, it's much less complicated.

Heh.

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-24-2004, 01:21 AM
Never mentioned 2+2. Must've been the other guy. I generally react the same way to known 2+2ers I do when I see my patients at the Wal-Mart. I say little unless approached.

But Bison, you are a celebrity, and with celebrity comes a price.

MAxx
09-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Bison, if I was you.... I would seriously consider playing under a different handle. I suspect it is hurting your rate.