PDA

View Full Version : Turn play, trips vs possible flush

Demian
09-24-2004, 12:04 AM
To start off, i think i probably should have folded the flop, but i'm not sure how close this is. Any comments on that? My real question here though is whether or not i should have 3 bet this turn. Having done so and not been capped, i decided to bet the river as well. Thoughts?

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, SB calls.

River: (15 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18 BB, between SB, Hero and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (18 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has Tc 9c (flush, ace high).
Hero has 7h Jc (three of a kind, sevens).
UTG has Ah 3h (two pair, aces and sevens).
Outcome: SB wins 18 BB. </font>

Zele
09-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Yes, fold the flop in this small pot. If you're going to play it, don't check-call.

River bet is good.

Demian
09-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the reply. Confirms what i thought on those two points. Any thoughts, from anyone for that matter, on the turn 3-bet?

Guido
09-27-2004, 04:42 PM
I don't think check-calling is wrong at all getting 9:1 with the third flush draw and 5 extra pretty good outs. I think the way you played it is fine.

Guido

Nemesis
09-28-2004, 12:19 AM
As is it's played fine, i think a possible bet for value could be made on the flop with the flush and pair there's a high likely hood of you drawing to the winning hand as well as a chance of possibly being ahead at the moment. Also if somebody raises you afterwords and knocks out some players it gives you equity on your other outs besides the flush... it's win win for you. Check-call or bet is acceptable.