PDA

View Full Version : Record Keeping

06-01-2002, 03:45 PM
I'm wondering what you all use for your record keeping.

I've been using a simple spreadsheet and a notebook for some player profiles and other stats.

I'm thinking about getting the statking software advertised in cardplayer and Poker Digest

My other option is a palm pilot type device. I am wondering what this forum thinks of a palm pilot being used near the tables. It would seem to provide an excellent advantage, especially in terms of profiling players accurately.

Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,

StonedCold

06-01-2002, 08:20 PM
I use Statking on my PC at home to track all my seesions. I think it is a great prg. & use it to looks at my results over time in many different ways.

I also use a HP Jornada with Excel...I have a shorthand system that I made up for tracking everything from games to hands themselves. Most folks ask what I am writing & I just say biz stuff or my "honey-do" list /images/smile.gif

Sometimes if I really want to shake up a table I tell them str8 up that it is my playing notes and that I book players, after a hand I will write and 1/2 the table looks worried that I am writing about them /images/smile.gif

Any if you want more info on my system just ask it is open for anyone I don't play against to use /images/smile.gif

1 Leg Lance