PDA

View Full Version : most passive hand ever

topspin
09-23-2004, 11:45 PM
Anyone play the flop or river differently?

Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

I planned to raise if no one else did, but when MP3 bets to my right, I went for the overcalls instead of facing the field with 2 bets cold.

Turn: (6 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Value bet? I went for the free showdown to dodge a potential check-raise. I figure I only have ace high so the only hands that fold are probably ones that I already beat. With one or two players I might try it, but with 4 I figure the odds of someone holding a baby full house or better were just too high.

Final Pot: 6 BB

KingSix
09-24-2004, 07:00 AM
1 - I raise pre flop

2 - Flop call isn't tragic

3 - Once MP3 checked and showed weakness, why didn't you bet?

4 - Your betting has given no indication that you have any kind of hand, so someone is going to call you here. You simply called PF and called the flop. Nothing really changed on the river that is going to make anyone think that your hand improved.

The pot is small, and I can't see a better hand then your hand folding here, and I can't see a hand worse than your hand calling here either.

King

Webster
09-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Flop call is OK - you REALLY don't want to raise. Anybody with a 6 is going nowhere and you need people to stay in the hand.

I sure would have be on the Turn though. Nobody is showing anything and you MIGHT win the pot.

MP3 was just throwing out a bone to see who was sniffing on the flop. You have an Ace so you have a good chance of leading at this point.

By not betting the turn you are screwed on the river and have to call. I think the turn was the big mistake.

THe flop was OK - a raise will fold people and you want them to play, anybody with a 6 is not leaving.

topspin
09-24-2004, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I sure would have be on the Turn though. Nobody is showing anything and you MIGHT win the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, in retrospect I probably should have value bet here. With so many other people in the hand, I just couldn't believe that someone didn't have a piece of the flop and figured I was drawing towards the flush, in which case I didn't have pot equity to raise the turn. A bet might have helped clear up my A and 7 outs too.

[ QUOTE ]
By not betting the turn you are screwed on the river and have to call. I think the turn was the big mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean bet the river? Since no one else led out, I can always take the free showdown.

Or perhaps you meant if someone did bet the river, you call? At the time I'd probably have folded, again following the reasoning that I just couldn't believe A-high was the best hand in a big field. I can see how this would have been a better fold if I'd led the turn and been called in many places.

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 4d Ad (three of a kind, sixes).
UTG+1 has Kh Th (three of a kind, sixes).
MP1 has 2d Qh (three of a kind, sixes).
MP3 has Tc Kd (three of a kind, sixes).
Hero has Ah 7h (three of a kind, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 6 BB. </font>