PDA

View Full Version : When to call it a day on the river or play on

Luv2DriveTT
09-23-2004, 11:26 PM
My table is FILLED with LAGS. people are raising pre-flop with 89s, 22 from UT... you get the picture. MP2 was a RAVING lunatic, his PT stats speak for themselves.
game_level $1/$2
total_hands 61
vol_saw_flop 95.082
att_steal 25
co_total_won -106.41
sd_pct 71.1864
pf_raise 44.2623

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Normally I would limp UTG with TT at a tough table, but at this table I need to earn respect EARLY... time to slim down the field.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero checks</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero calls</font>.

Decent hidden pair with outside flush draw. I like my odds, I'll call this bet. Not too much aggression, looks like a slow play or everyone is afraid of the flush draw.

Turn: (6.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds.

Thank god an Ace! Another scary card, time to bet to see what the responce is. I am ready to fold to any raise, but as expected MP2 hangs tight.... he almost ALWAYS hangs tight to the river.

River: (8.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

This is where I lost my spine. By now I don't what the Villan has anymore. He probably doesn't have an A or a Q , because he didn't raise pre-flop (again... he nearly always raises pre-flop with any big enough card). since there is a pair on the board, he could be calling down with 33 for all I know, but I folded. Please Tell me I was wrong to fold... its a fairly big pot for a heads up showdown, what would you do?

TT in da club /images/graemlins/club.gif

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Sent
09-23-2004, 11:36 PM
I would bet out on the flop and turn and river /images/graemlins/smile.gif Even if the table is tough I wouldnt consider limping with TT from any position, raise it up. Eventhough the board is scary you need to bet out to protect your hand, eventhough a person with a heart in their hand probably will not fold. A second ace on the turn isnt that scary, but if you bet here and are raised you can probably through it away safely.

-Sent

Smasharoo
09-23-2004, 11:36 PM
Call if you don't think he has an ace or a queen.

Why wouldn't you?? Why did you call the flop if you're going to fold to a blank on the river?

Luv2DriveTT
09-24-2004, 12:11 AM
Well, let me give you quite a few reasons:

He bet the flop &amp; turn. He could have the flush and is slowplaying (a change considering his pattern, but possible), or he could be playing passivly with a Queen or Ace due to the flush draw on the flop - better to be safe than sorry.

Thats why I backed down, something didn't smell right. Of course he could have been chasing down hoping I would fold, but I'll never know at this point. I'm fairly confident I should have called the river bet, but there are many valid reasons why I did not.