PDA

View Full Version : AJs in CO

StuR
09-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

My main questions are the flop bet and the river raise (then call)

I bet the flop because
1) I raised preflop
2) I might be able to pick up the pot

Turn was a bit weak in my opinion - should I bet again?

I raised the river as I thought he may be betting a weaker jack - when 3-bet do you fold?? pot being small and all.

StuR

milesdyson
09-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Looks like he hit his flush on the turn and was trying to check raise you.

I check the turn as you did, but only call the river. If his hand is very bad, he'll fold to your raise. If his hand is good, he'll three-bet you and you're pretty much going to call this heads up.

Piiop
09-23-2004, 10:13 PM
You played fine until the river. Just call here, there's no reason to 3-bet. He could have a flush, trip 8's, or a K, all of them beat you. Hopefully, he'll bet out a worse hand here enough to make it profitable, tho that's also pretty close. Since you did raise the river, you should've folded to the 3-bet.