PDA

View Full Version : College Game of the Week

mikelow
09-23-2004, 08:51 PM
A less attractive card this week. And the game goes off tomorrow night.

Bowling Green pk over N. Illinois: Think the Falcons are the better team here. Huskies played Maryland tough, lost
a shootout to Iowa St and barely beat S. Illinois (a 1AA team). Falcons covered against Oklahoma, one of few MAC teams to cover in week one.

Also Bowling Green has the better defense here. Going with the road team.

MicroBob
09-24-2004, 08:13 AM
I was looking at this game too actually. nice to see someone looking at the MAC.

BG is +1 (-109) on Pinnacle BTW (and was +1 earlier this week).
This will be a tough one for BG to pull off as NIU can be a tough place to play. But I do think BG is the better team here. Their performance vs. Okla. alone should be evidence of that. And you're correct, NIU's game against SIU is eye-opening.

There can definitely be value in some of the MAC lines. I am more knowledgeable on this conference then almost all others combined. Lived most of my life in Oxford, Ohio (Miami U.).

I was VERY tempted to take the under on the inflated Akron-Kent State line Thurs night.
I balked when thinking about their inept defenses and their offensive potential. Last year's final was 41-32 or something like that.
The line for this year's game was 63 and the final was 24-19 so I wished that I had gone with my instincts on that one.

I think Buffalo can cover +12.5 at Ohio. They're not THAT bad anymore and almost won at Eastern Mich.
Note: Ohio sports fans are pretty fanatical. U of Buffalo just doesn't have that much of a following. I suspect there are a few BobKitten bettors who affect the line a bit.
Plus, I'm a Miami guy so I love betting against the BobKittens.

I'm not touching Temple-Toledo. The Rockets have really disappointed me thus far and Temple might be able to play with them.

Not touching Ball St vs. Western Michigan either.
WMU beat Tenn-Martin 42-0 and then lost to Va. Tech 63-0 which might be the big + then - difference between games in college football this year.
Then they hung in there vs. Illinois losing 30-27.
Ball State has been embarassed the past two weeks by major-conference schools...but their one game in Muncie they had BC just barely getting out of there alive so it's hard for me to go against Ball State at home.

MicroBob
09-24-2004, 08:17 AM
Actually...I'm betting small on
Buff +12.5
Buff ML +415
Buff-Ohio Over-50

as well as a bet on BG.