PDA

View Full Version : obvious?

kdotsky
09-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Stars $10 rebuy. I have 27K on the button, SB has ~60K, LB has ~21K. Blinds are 300/600. I pick up AA and it's folded to me. This is perfect, because I've been stealing blinds here and there, and have been caught doing it in a showdown. I raise to 1800. Both SB and BB calls. Flop is 976 rainbow. Checked to me and I bet 5,000. SB calls, then BB moves all in. Now it seemed pretty obvious this guy has a set. If he had JJ-AA he probably woulda reraised preflop to a button raise. He probably wouldnt have called with a two-pair or straight hand. 99, 77, 66 seems like the type of hands he would just call with. A9? maybe... doesn't seem like he would check raise with this. He can't be playing back at me considering the SB called and is protecting the pot (SB has an 8?). Do you guys agree he must have a set? Don't worry, I put him on a set with 99% confidence but called anyway.

fnurt
09-23-2004, 08:39 PM
I don't think he HAS to have a set. If people think you are stealing, sometimes they will call and then check-raise with any piece of the flop.

However, seeing that he had no compunctions about check-raising even though SB is still in the hand, coupled with the possibility that SB might have something you don't want to see, I think folding still seems like the better part of valor.

Potowame
09-23-2004, 10:15 PM
thats a tough spot but he could have hand like 1010 or more poossible with his bet 88. I am with Fnurt here I hate seeing a SB check than call a "large" bet, it screams slow play to me.

kdotsky
09-23-2004, 10:34 PM
He had 99 BTW, SB folded. It should have been an easy fold - I was lucky to be in a situation where it was so apparent - but I was a fool and called anyway.