PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a flush...can you fold?

minwoo
09-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Blinds are 30/60
Button (high stack) enters pot, I'm small blind (T1080) and just call the blind with 8c 6c,
Big blind checks..

Flop is Qc 5c 9c

I check with intention of check-raising...BB bets out 100,
Button just calls, I raise to 300, BB folds, Button re-raises all-in...What do you do??

RobGW
09-23-2004, 06:57 PM
You just check raised a bettor and a caller on a 3 suited flop. What hands do you think Button will re-raise with?

Marcotte
09-23-2004, 07:02 PM
You didn't mention how many other players were left, and where you were stack size compared to the field, but I'm sure Button doesn't have Axc. He probably has the Ac or Kc. If its just the three of you, and you are close to the BB stack-wise, I fold. If there are 5 or more left and you have a below average stack, I call.

[Edit] I didn't see that the Button flat called and you check raised. I was thinking he immediatly raised BB all in. I guess you gotta fold unless he's got a huge stack and you got a read on him that is telling you he's trying to bully you. I still think there's a good chance he's only got the Ac, but a higher non-nut flush than yours is also possible. (If he had the made nut flush, he'd probably smooth call the check-raise and raise the turn.)

codewarrior
09-23-2004, 07:04 PM
It depends on the buy-in level. $10 and below I push...
$20 & $30, it depends on the raiser and what I know about him. $50 and above is an auto fold.

Stoneii
09-23-2004, 07:53 PM
well it shows where I play then as I'm all-in /images/graemlins/smile.gif, my read is that he sees your small raise as a 4 flush and he's trying to chase you off it. Since he just limped preflop it's hard to read him for AQ but maybe KQ or QJ?

If you're limping with 2 low clubs and flop smacks you up the mouth like that then u have to play it, otherwise what were you hoping to see?

stoneii

ChrisV
09-23-2004, 09:14 PM
You people are nuts. There's no way I'm folding a flopped flush. Neither would any of you if he hadn't titled the post "Can you fold?". He could easily AcA, KcK, a set, etc.

CASHIZ
09-23-2004, 10:27 PM
He's got it fold.
BB bets out most likely with top pair (don't see him on a draw because his bets got no expectation)

Button smooth calls hoping to trap

You raise, and him expecting you to call, moves in.

With your check-raise he's got to put u on at least a set,and his call of the BB says it all. It can't be a bluff cause he's suggested weakness with that call (trying to trap the two of you)
He's got it and I'd bet J-Q high (PEOPLE LIMP WITH J-10, J-9
Q-10,Q-9 suited more than any other hand)

You could be sure he doesn't have the Ace and I say even the K cause then he'd just continue with his trap.
This of course is consider him as a decent to good player, if he's not then Ace or King high can't be ruled out. Him being a bad player looks about right since it looks as if he got so excited by the possiblity of you calling and giving him action that he just moved in, instead of making a big raise, in which you might have called and lost.

Anyways be sure he had it and hopefully you laid it down. If not learn from this.
Good luck

durron597
09-23-2004, 10:29 PM
You check-raised, but he check-called-reraised: I would say he's definitely got it, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's Ace high at all.