PDA

View Full Version : Flopped straight, do I re-raise?

okayplayer
09-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Hi, I've been a 2+2er for awhile (mostly reading), but switched usernames so I don't get noticed at the tables. /images/graemlins/cool.gif
I had this hand last night at UB (0.5/1 NL):

Hero in SB with 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
One EP limper, I call ($0.50), BB checks
Flop ($3) : 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I bet $3 & BB raises to $9, EP folds and...
I put him on a flush and straight draw, so I want him to pay for extra cards so I re-raise to $30. He folds. Should I have just smooth called and made him pay on the turn?

okay

amoeba
09-23-2004, 06:03 PM
I don't find anything wrong with the reraise.I don't think he was on the draw. I think he has 2 pairs or A8.

My question is, what do you do if he goes all in? do you give him credit for the 9T ?

Ron
09-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Hi, /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I think he has possible 99, sometime I see bet like 9 or 7 and when you seee their cards it match the cards they have? You bet 3 (which does not say anything) (maybe you pr the board or have flush cards) he raise to $9 with TOP pr or 99 or a-9 . He thinking if you fold GOOD, if you call, OK he has pr and straight draw but when you reraised he know you have the nut. I reraise everytime. You must protect your small straight THE important question is what do you think he has? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

srblan
09-23-2004, 08:14 PM
You don't really want him to see the turn. You have the bottom straight and there are two flush cards on the board. If he has something like 89, 99, or a flush draw, you could easily get outdrawn. If he has two pair or a set, he will probably call you, so you will be able to make him pay for the turn card.