PDA

View Full Version : misplayed on every street?

Alobar
09-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks (with the intention to checkraise), UTG checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (8.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG has Jd Ac (two pair, jacks and sevens).
Hero has 6s 6h (two pair, sevens and sixes).
Outcome: UTG wins 8.50 BB. </font>

JimmyJazz1
09-23-2004, 06:21 PM
I like your three bet, a nice agressive play preflop and it gives you a lot of info about your opponents hand. Since he did cap, you know he's gotta have a premium. Why check raise the flop? If he capped the flop, theres no way he'd fold to a check raise. I'd bet the flop and if he raises you, you can lay your hand down. If he calls, you can bet the rest of the way, laying your hand down to a raise.

Guido
09-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Without a read I fold this preflop. I would bet this on the flop and fold to any further aggression. I don't want to check raise a hand that capped preflop. Why do you want to do that against an unknown?

He checks after capping preflop... seems like a fishy play to me. I don't put in any more bets except when he checks the turn. So I wouldn't bet.

He calls so what do you beat that caps preflop, checks the flop and calls the turn? I would say only AKo. This makes the river a fold.

So yes, I would play every street different.

Good luck,

Guido

Peter_rus
09-23-2004, 06:59 PM
Nice play except river. Bet it.

Trix
09-23-2004, 07:04 PM
If thats a 3bet against an unknown, then I´m way too tight against UTG raises, what other stuff do you 3bet here?

Peter_rus
09-23-2004, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If thats a 3bet against an unknown

[/ QUOTE ]

For me - yes.

[ QUOTE ]
what other stuff do you 3bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

AJs,AQo.

Trix
09-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Thought you would go lower on the nonpairs when you are 3betting with 66..
UTG+1 you wouldn´t make this raise right ?

Peter_rus
09-23-2004, 07:57 PM
No i would do. Pairs are better than high cards as they don't pay to AK-board as high cards forced to pay.