PDA

View Full Version : Blind skirmish 30/60

Robb
09-23-2004, 05:26 PM
Thought I'd take my first shot at 30/60 yesterday.
This is my first hand.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets

------------------------------

Orbit before I 3bet the same button from the SB when he openraised. I took it down on the flop.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (8.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Comments appreciated,
Jamie

Vic Ferrari
09-23-2004, 11:15 PM
You might want to step down to 3/6.

lil'
09-24-2004, 07:28 AM
Hand 1 - I would not raise the turn, it seems like overkill. I don't want to get three bet here or put in multiple bets against a 7. I do, however, want to see the river. I like the river bet.

Hand 2 - I'm inclined to bet the flop so I can get raised and then three bet. I'd play this one fast unless my opponent shows me some aggression that tells me he may have a pocket pair.

lil'
09-24-2004, 07:32 AM
Your post offers nothing. If you don't like the way the hand was played, say why so we can all learn from it.

DeeJ
09-24-2004, 07:59 AM
I like both of them. You got lucky on hand 1 to hit the flush though, I wonder whether 3/4 of the time you are losing to an A8/K8/Q8 or higher pair? Or 56. Or 78 ... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Was 55 good without the flush? Here's a tell. 55 is my worst hand in PT. I never seem to hit a set, when I do it gets set-over-set or straightened flat or flushed down the toilet. What is even worse is I also get it more than any other pair /images/graemlins/smile.gif although I did get 77 3 times in 5 hands the other day. Lost them all, of course. But I digress.

Hand 2 - would you call a bet on the river? I guess the answer has to be yes... some weaker Ace? 33/44/66/77?

Robb
09-24-2004, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the response lil

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - I would not raise the turn, it seems like overkill. I don't want to get three bet here or put in multiple bets against a 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah getting 3 bet would not be fun but I doubt I would get 3 bet by an overpair here, even more infrequently by a lone 7. That board has to look scary to my opponent too. Now he may KNOW that players can make a raise in my situation merely BECAUSE I'm insulated by the board. But that's usually just a reason for them to call down with a medium hand, not 3 bet it... IMHO.

And I may get him to fold non-heart overcards.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 - I'm inclined to bet the flop so I can get raised and then three bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely valid play too. However, I think I like the cr a little more because it gives me more info. i.e I cr the flop and he 3 bets me....that's usually a pair. However if I lead bet and he raises me, then I 3 bet....what does his call say?
But again not a large difference between the two.

Regards,
Jamie

Robb
09-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the response DeeJ,

[ QUOTE ]
I like both of them. You got lucky on hand 1 to hit the flush though, I wonder whether 3/4 of the time you are losing to an A8/K8/Q8 or higher pair? Or 56. Or 78 ...

[/ QUOTE ]

But if I'm intending to call a bet on the river anyway isn't raising the turn a good play? I'm trying to fold overcards...when he calls my raise I intend to check the river behind. Now if he will raise me here with an overpair the play has backfired because I have to call. My estimation of being re-raised on the turn by an overpair is a pretty low percentage of times. Maybe others can comment on that percentage.

Given my estimation, the question may come down to how often does my opponent fold overcards vs. how often does he have a hand that will re-raise me (an 8 or a flush).

[ QUOTE ]
55 is my worst hand in PT.

[/ QUOTE ]
But heads up in the blinds is a different story, no?

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 - would you call a bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

Regards,
Jamie

lil'
09-24-2004, 11:55 AM
Yeah getting 3 bet would not be fun but I doubt I would get 3 bet by an overpair here, even more infrequently by a lone 7. That board has to look scary to my opponent too. Now he may KNOW that players can make a raise in my situation merely BECAUSE I'm insulated by the board. But that's usually just a reason for them to call down with a medium hand, not 3 bet it... IMHO.

If he has overcards I think raising the turn is OK, I'm just not so sure that he has just overcards after his flop three bet. Depending on the opponent, you may not be able to pry overcards out of his hands no matter what you do. It's your first hand, so it's hard to know.

Please note that my Party 30-60 experience is very limited, as the waiting lists are too long to even bother with most of the time.

Robb
09-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Hand 1: I bet the river and my opponent folded.

Hand 2: We both checked the river and my AK was good. Opponent had A3o.

Thanks for the responses,
Jamie