PDA

View Full Version : baked in boston

08-17-2002, 03:30 AM
I'm in a suite at the Wyndham in downtown Boston. Yesterday in the heat I did the "Freedom Trail," a long walk from Boston Common to Bunker Hill, with the highlight for me being the USS Constitution. I listened to three tour guides and saw a movie and read dozens of markers and pamphlets. So if there's anything you need to know about the technology of humans killing humans, on land or sea, from about 1770 to about 1840, I'm your dude.

Between space races and arms races, it's no wonder we've got so many gizmos. Makes me wonder if we would have ever made it past clay pots if we'd got along.

Tommy

08-17-2002, 12:50 PM
If it weren't for video games, computers would still be the size of couches and using data cards for input.

08-17-2002, 01:07 PM
If it wern't for war we would all be farmers attempting to feed the overpopulatd planet!

Faceless Hack

My Motto: More war less starvation!!

08-18-2002, 12:19 AM
Will you be making a trip downt to Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun while you are in the area? It would be a real hoot to watch you in action.

I was hoping to see Vince down there this weekend, but wasn't lucky enough to. Either that, or I did see him. I guess I wouldn't really know since I din't know what he looks like. /images/smile.gif

I didn't see anyone wearing an "Everything Vince" hat though.

08-18-2002, 12:55 AM
"Will you be making a trip down to Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun while you are in the area?"

Nope. I didn't even know til just now (I looked it up) that Mohegan Sun was so close! Maybe next time. I've got renewable romance here. :-)

Tommy

08-18-2002, 01:00 AM
Sounds exciting, I think.

Foxwoods and Mohegan are pretty much the same distance from Boston.

Enjoy our neck of the woods.

08-18-2002, 01:02 AM
I think I must have violated some internet grammatical protocol by ending two consecutive subject lines with "eh" and "huh".

I've got to work on that.

08-18-2002, 07:11 AM
Tommy,

You picked a h=ll of a day to do that!!! I barely made it to my back yard to water the flowers!!! I didn't know you were this kind of athlete!!! Must be your association with that Z character outdoorsey type. Freedom trail how to ruin a good walk. A golf quote of yesteryear!!

Have a nice stay while your here!! Hope you went out to eat and had some great food!!!

paul

08-18-2002, 09:26 AM
"I didn't know you were this kind of athlete!!!"

Do you mean stupid? Or brave? Or is there a difference?

Still finely wining and dining. Back home to perfectly comfortable weather and Victorian rather than Colonial architecture on Tuesday. Thanks for the kind words, Paul.

Tommy

08-18-2002, 11:17 AM
Reminds me of how I wore out my feet in Europe.

08-18-2002, 04:37 PM
Tommy,

Too bad that your not around to take in the NL HE tournament @ Foxwoods on Tuesday night. It would be a pleasure meeting you in person, and I think you'd have quite a bit of fun with the "crew" there.

Next time back in this neck of the woods, try to make it there on a Tuesday night.

By the way, keep posting your little 'pearls of wisdom" here please! They have made my game much stronger.