PDA

View Full Version : I think I played this perfectly.

brettbrettr
09-23-2004, 02:05 PM
.25/.50, Victory Poker (no hand histories, be patient), 9 handed.

Hero in CO with QcJc.
4 limpers, Hero raises, button folds, both blinds call, all limpers call.

Flop comes KsQsJd.
EP player bets, call, call, fold, Hero raises, SB calls, BB folds, EP raiser calls.

Turn: 3s.
Check to me, I bet, SB raises, rest fold, I call.

River: Jh.

I bet, he raises, this ensues til we cap it.

Played perfectly by moi?

davelin
09-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Works for me.

Bill Smith
09-23-2004, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Played perfectly by moi?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

maryfield48
09-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Noooooo!!!

You spoilt it. This was one of my new favourite threads as long as there were no replies. After all, what can be added to the perfect line of play?

Now the perfection has been spoiled forever. And for the sake of a "works for me". Oh, the casual cruelty of it.

brettbrettr
09-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Guess who didn't play it perfectly?

Turns out that the SB did not have the flush. (I'd have bet my leg on it!) He turned over KK for the better full.

I never thought filling up could hurt so much....

brettbrettr
09-23-2004, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guess who didn't play it perfectly?

[/ QUOTE ]

And by this I mean, well, I don't know, how does he not worry about the flush? If he'd have raised me on the flop I'd probably have popped him right back.

PseudoPserious
09-23-2004, 03:37 PM
How many bets is the cap? (That is, how many times did you re-raise him on the river?)

I'm not sure I re-raise his river check-raise. I'm definitely sure I don't re-raise his re-raise of my re-raise of his river check-raise.

Your opponent's check-raise on the turn says "flush", but if he had the flush, would he try for the check-raise on the paired river card? When he check-raises you again, I think I change my read to trips or two pair that filled up. You're beating 33 and J3, but losing to KJ and KK.

Since he might be overbetting his flush (or even a flopped straight, or Jx), I guess raising his river check-raise is fine. But when he raises me again, I only call (and you have to call because the pot is big). I don't take this one to the cap.

I think you probably lost to KJo, given that he didn't raise preflop -- but the only plays I disagree with are any raises you put in on the river.

Later,
PP

brettbrettr
09-23-2004, 03:42 PM
I"m sorry, I noted it worng. He bet into me on the river, I raised, he made it 3, and I capped. In retrospect, maybe I should just call the 3 bet. But in these games, I've seen guys do this with the flush. Not having a read, I wanted max value. Turned out differently of course....

SomethingClever
09-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Easy river cap. You played this great, and you'll be good here more than 9 times out of 10, IMO.