PDA

View Full Version : Are you a good witch, or a bad witch? In which I strike my 2-outer.

InchoateHand
09-23-2004, 11:56 AM
MP3 has reasonably loose raising standards.
Table plays very passively--I haven't seen limp-reraises, and postflop is the land of quietly calling--more passive than the average Party table I have been finding of late.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds.

River: (12.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

MoreWineII
09-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Looks good. I like the turn lead rather than a check-raise for some reason, though I can't put my finger on it exactly.

InchoateHand
09-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Yeah, thats a big part of my question here. If this turn was checked through, then I don't have a chance to make up the difference between pot-odds and my flop call. If you can think of a better, more well-informed reason, I'd love to know it, because I was shooting from the hip.

MoreWineII
09-23-2004, 12:22 PM
a.) I like the "wtf" factor.

b.) You likely have the best hand, it would suck if it got checked through.

c.) You might extract an extra bet or 5 from your opponents if MP3 has AK or AQ, raises, and the other sheep come along.

How's that?

InchoateHand
09-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Good reasoning-thanks.
The "wtf" factor is one of my favorites--it may not make a difference in the money I make, but it gives me warm fuzzy feeelings.

MoreWineII
09-23-2004, 12:27 PM
I always like the "wtf" bet. A confused opponent is rarely a good-decision-making opponent.

nothumb
09-23-2004, 12:37 PM
This is your new favorite play, right? Catching sets on the turn... are you just trying to prove how good your game selection is that you can do this on a regular basis? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Way to hold the six of spades again... never let go of that card... Seriously, this looks fine.

NT

InchoateHand
09-23-2004, 12:40 PM
Well, actually, these are all the same hand. I just go back and change a couple of suits/flop cards here and there and post it for my own edification.
Obviously these are very marginal decisions, but I haven't been posting the ones where I don't hit my set on the turn, because they are boring. I fold.
Yeah, someday i hope to win a major tourney exclusively because I'm holding the six of spades.

pokerkai
09-23-2004, 01:13 PM
Hands like this that almost make you wanna jump through the screen and kiss the PFR for giving you the pot odds to get to the turn.