PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Poker Rates

sluttysteve
09-23-2004, 11:38 AM
Me and a few friends are looking to get Vegas rooms for 12/29 and 12/30, do you guys think rooms will be hard to come by around that time?

Also, where should I look about Poker rates? Strip hotels are probably too expensive for me, but one of those hotels close to the strip that's not a piece of crap would do nicely. What price ranges would I be looking at?

Thanks in advance!

All-In
09-23-2004, 01:43 PM
I don't think it'll be hard to get a room but probably more expensive. There's some decent hotels on the strip for reasonable prices. Give them a call to find their poker room rate.

AllVegasPoker.com
09-23-2004, 03:20 PM
12/29 - 12/30 is considered the calm before the storm in Las Vegas (one day before New Years Eve). FYI -- New Years is the BIGGEST night in Vegas, and hotels jack up their room rates to insance amounts. With the dates you mentioned, the problem you're going to run into is that many hotels require a 2 to 4 night minimum in order to book a hotel on New Years Eve.. So, a lot of people will be checking in around 12/29-12/30 in order to satisfy the minimum.

As for poker room rates, each room is different, and the rates are confusing...

To qualify for the rate at a lot of places (like all of the Mandaly Resort properties) you must book your room THROUGH the actual property (either their phone or their website) -- You can't go through Expedia for example.

The poker room rate is usually 25% off, but that's if you pay full fair. If you get an online discount (even through the hotel's website), then they won't be able to take a full 25% off the room.

The best advice is to call the poker room where you want to stay before you book your room. The poker room manager will be able to explain everything in detail.