PDA

View Full Version : Push or Fold III

parappa
09-23-2004, 05:47 AM
Sorry if these are tiresome. This is the part of my game I'm working on right now.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1985)
BB (t925)
UTG (t1675)
MP (t2715)
Hero (t700)

Preflop:
UTG folds, MP folds, Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

cowpie
09-23-2004, 06:08 AM
I wouldn't go all in with a hand like that. If the big stack calls, you're probably at best a 50% favorite, but could be worse. If the other guy calls, you're dead. You also can survive a couple of orbits, so wait for a better hand.

unfrgvn
09-23-2004, 09:18 AM
I vote to push in this spot. You only have 7x big blinds and it's been folded to you on the button. You're not going to get a much better chance to steal anytime soon. Also I happen to like 10 8s, it's been a lucky hand of mine. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PrayingMantis
09-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Very much dependant on how the blinds play, especially SB here, and what is your image in this game. You definetly don't want a call here, any kind of a call. I think that in a $11 SNG, with 7xBB, I might wait a little more for a better hand to make my move. One double-up and you are back in the game, you are not desperate yet. You're in the exact spot where patiance is a great virtue.

A thing to remember is that in a low buy-in SNG people will be much more willing to double you up with their weaker hand, than let you steal their blinds when they have some marginal hand (Edit: OK, I realize it's a funny sentence. I mean: people call with marginal hands. You want them to do so when you have some sort of hand that does OK if you are going for a showdown). In your position in this game, doubling up is more important than stealing blinds. That's how I see it.

ChrisV
09-23-2004, 10:07 AM
Fold. I might push if the blinds go up to 200 on me. If the blinds are up to 100/200 next hand, I wouldn't push, as I have two hands to organise a better steal which will net more chips. If the blinds are up right on me, a push here might be a good preparatory move to avoid being crippled by the blinds.