PDA

View Full Version : Bet the river?

Shanemex
09-23-2004, 04:35 AM
CO is very loose aggressive preflop. He has seen EVERY flop for three hours, and raised about 50% of the time preflop. But after the flop he normally becomes a calling station, although he will occasionally bluff. So, do I bet the river?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>?

daveymck
09-23-2004, 04:38 AM
Yes, if he has a jack its a bummer but he wont have a jack more that he does. Hasty edit as flush is on as well, however I still bet.

There seems to be some strategy I am unaware of (dont know if its from a book or not) but there are quite a few players who play 70%+ of hands at 5/10, one player in particular is on every night so he cant be losing all the time. Some of them do seem able to let it go if the flop.

InchoateHand
09-23-2004, 04:39 AM
Majority of time villain doesn't have a J. Bet away.

Shanemex
09-23-2004, 04:47 AM
But would he call without the straight or the flush? He does sometimes bluff at scare cards so could it be okay to let him bluff at it, or would I too likely lose a call from an A or a K?

InchoateHand
09-23-2004, 04:49 AM
This may be too scary a board to induce a bluff. I'd be hesitant to risk it with a powerful holding. Unless they are crazy, almost all one pair hands check here.

daveymck
09-23-2004, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But would he call without the straight or the flush? He does sometimes bluff at scare cards so could it be okay to let him bluff at it, or would I too likely lose a call from an A or a K?

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it in the description of him he becomes a calling station therefore yes I beleive he will call without the straight or flush.

Shanemex
09-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Okay, I'll admit that half of the reason I posted this hand was so I could post the results because it was a player and a hand that I won't soon forget.

Hero bets (10)
CO calls (10)

Hero balance $368.50, bet $35, collected $75, net +$40 [ Td Th ] [ three of a kind, tens -- Ad,Kd,Td,Th,Ts ]
CO balance $737.50, lost $35 [ 3s 4h ] [ high card ace -- Ad,Kd,Qd,Ts,4h ]

In case you didn't notice he called me with the nut low. The guy just would not go broke, it was amazing. By the end there were three other 2+2ers sitting at this table before the guy finally left. He was there for at least six hours, saw every flop, and still didn't go broke.