PDA

View Full Version : QQ overpair - heavy action on raggy board big pot

Chris Daddy Cool
09-23-2004, 03:28 AM
party 15/30

nice action table, sb seems reasonable, utg as well, utg+1 is completely nuts, no read on mp

utg raises. utg+1 calls. mp calls. i 3-bet in the CO with Q /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif sb caps. bb folds. utg calls. utg+1 calls. mp calls. i call. 5 of us to the flop for 21 small bets.

flop: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

sb bets. utg raises. utg+1 calls. mp 3-bets. i fold.

next hand?

or do i need to get slapped?

Richard Berg
09-23-2004, 03:44 AM
Looks fine to me.

Nate tha' Great
09-23-2004, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
party 15/30

nice action table, sb seems reasonable, utg as well, utg+1 is completely nuts, no read on mp

utg raises. utg+1 calls. mp calls. i 3-bet in the CO with Q /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif sb caps. bb folds. utg calls. utg+1 calls. mp calls. i call. 5 of us to the flop for 21 small bets.

flop: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

next hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris,

You're getting about 10:1 on your call assuming that everyone else does too. I could never fold this. Maybe someone can convince me that I'm wrong.

InchoateHand
09-23-2004, 04:42 AM
I think you have to see the turn to spike a Q---it looks like you have huge implied odds if you do. I think you can fold the turn unimproved. You have to be beating somebody here.

daveymck
09-23-2004, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
party 15/30

next hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes a slap as this should be in the mid-high stakes forum /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

I dont think a fold is that bad here looks like there is at least one other overpair out there if not two, I think you get shown AA/KK here more than enough to fold.

But the pot is huge (or going to be) so there is a good argument for a call, however you want to get to showdown cheap I would hate to call and then have to put 2 or tthree bets in on each street to showdown.

Chris Daddy Cool
09-23-2004, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're getting about 10:1 on your call assuming that everyone else does too.

[/ QUOTE ]

how about the chance that it gets capped on the flop? would that change anything?

if you are calling, I'm trying to see a showdown as cheaply as possible? Or should I be showing stregnth? What if it's two bets to me on the turn?

Nate tha' Great
09-23-2004, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

how about the chance that it gets capped on the flop? would that change anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

10:1 assumes that you cap and everybody else calls all bets. I think it's probably *slightly* better if you cap since it's almost certainly going to get capped anyway on the flop and that *might* calm things down on the turn a little bit.

[ QUOTE ]
if you are calling, I'm trying to see a showdown as cheaply as possible? Or should I be showing stregnth? What if it's two bets to me on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. I just know that I want to see the turn card. There is SOME chance that you are ahead, and I think the turn action is likely to be calmer when you are. And crazy as it sounds, you are almost getting the implied odds to spike a 2-outer.