PDA

View Full Version : Annie Duke Review, Letterman

Shaman
09-23-2004, 03:21 AM
Good job, Annie. You gave poker a good voice and a good face. You are a great ambassador. You were appealing both visually and auditorally. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

brick
09-23-2004, 03:26 AM
Yep. Good work.

TheBull
09-23-2004, 09:02 AM
She was also on GMA this morning and dealt a hand to Charlie Gibson, Diane Sawyer and Tony Perkins.

All 3 of them went in preflop. Diane had JJ, Charlie had JT and Tony had AK. Diane won the hand with jacks full of tens, beating Charlie's Tens full of jacks and Tony's broadway straight.

I think that deck might have been stacked /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Toro
09-23-2004, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She was also on GMA this morning and dealt a hand to Charlie Gibson, Diane Sawyer and Tony Perkins.

All 3 of them went in preflop. Diane had JJ, Charlie had JT and Tony had AK. Diane won the hand with jacks full of tens, beating Charlie's Tens full of jacks and Tony's broadway straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they just used Pokerstars shuffling program. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

young nut
09-23-2004, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they just used Pokerstars shuffling program. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

BAHAHAHAHAHAH very good

DimensionPresident
09-23-2004, 10:11 AM
pokerroom also has quite an odd way of ALWAYS making enormous hands when there are all ins.

its always like full house vs quads vs straight flush.

pokerroom is definitely rigged. this has happened way too often for it to be random.

anyone else notice this?

citanul
09-23-2004, 10:47 AM
That's either a joke or you're a moron. Either way, let the hijacking of this thread end with my post.

citanul

toots
09-23-2004, 11:05 AM
My TiVo picked this one up unexpectedly.

I realize they gave her all of a two or three minute appearance, but boy, was she talkin' fast.

Still, good to see her.

swimfan
09-23-2004, 11:06 AM
think she was a bit nervous...talked very fast, no pauses and went from one story to another without breaking. and some hints of ego were dropped here and there. but she became more interesting to watch as the interview went on. hope she didn't have cottonmouth. that's the worst.

DimensionPresident
09-23-2004, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's either a joke or you're a moron. Either way, let the hijacking of this thread end with my post.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would that make me a moron? Besides the fact that I am much smarter than you, I think it's a legit question.

Oh, wait. Shame on me for not already knowing everyone's opinion on pokerroom before posting my own.

Ass.

Cleveland Guy
09-23-2004, 01:00 PM
1. Pokerroom is not rigged- why should it be

2. If it is, stop playing there

Simple enough.

DimensionPresident
09-23-2004, 01:03 PM
I only use pokerroom for play money when I'm bored.

I think it's rigged.

They want to make big "all in" hands more exciting.

You can play 500 hands and not run into monster vs monster, but the second there's three people all in, the royal flushes come roaring out.

jaybee_70
09-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Let me check my pattern map.

Cleveland Guy
09-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Well if that's the case, I guess I should be lucky that they like me there, as I have been a positive winning player at the site. I wonder what it is about me that they like me, and treat me well.

Oh yeah - I know. The 4 times my AA holds up I think nothing about it, but the 1 time it gets cracked by Q10 with a flop of Q10 it must be rigged.

That's what it is. No wait - it's rigged, how silly of me.

Also - if you are going by play money, you can't judge it as rigged or not, as you almost always see 9 or 10 to the flop no matter what.

nolanfan34
09-23-2004, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. They rigged it so I could double my deposit while I cleared my bonus there. Bastards.

No more hijacking, post this in the internet forum if you want to discuss it.

DimensionPresident
09-23-2004, 02:38 PM
In the interest of continuity, I was commenting on a previous post. I didn't come out of nowhere with my statement.

I am saying that I believe pokerroom, at least in play money, is set up so that when there are big all ins PRE FLOP, it is always ends up being monster hand vs monster hand.

I don't know why exactly they would do this. Maybe to make it more exciting and entice people to go play real money? I really have no idea.

If I had kept of these stats, I believe it would be over 65% of the time trips or better. Problem is, 65% of the time this doesn't normally happen. But if you get players all in before the flop... look out.

It's not even something I am particularly complaing about either. Many times has my straight flush beat quads. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Cleveland Guy
09-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Copy and post some actual hand histories - or give me the number of a bunch I can look up.

Otherwise I think you are jsut trolling.

DimensionPresident
09-23-2004, 06:17 PM
Ok, Ok, Ok. You got me.

I am totally making this up.

Pre-flop all ins typically result in high card winners.

I don't really care enough about this topic to waste any more energy on it.

Ciao.