PDA

View Full Version : What to do? BB hand

helpmeout
09-23-2004, 02:48 AM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, MP (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: (7 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

My main concern was my flop play, I'm thinking I should fold when it is raised back to me. I am in poor position and I only have TPMK against potential straights, TPTK or overcards.

Once the T came on the turn I was beat by a 7 and a 9 with a better kicker so I definately should have folded. I wasnt paying much attention so I was in calling station mode.

InchoateHand
09-23-2004, 02:58 AM
I think folding on the turn would be wrong. You have an OESD and no reason to necessarily believe you are beat. Besides, if a Q falls you beat that seven you are worried about. Don't be too quick to put your opponents on hands that beat you--he/she could easily be raising overcards.

The only reason to get yourself out of this pot is because it is small.

detruncate
09-23-2004, 04:51 AM
I think you played it fine.

Jaran
09-23-2004, 02:47 PM
The only thing you should change in this hand is to river the Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif. You really need to work on your river cards /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

-Jaran