PDA

View Full Version : holy crap....the night shift sucks ass!

whiskeytown
09-23-2004, 02:41 AM
just started my full time job - same company but no longer as a contractor - and as a graveyard guy, not the day shift.

oh hell...I forgot how hard it hurts to not get enough sleep....5 hrs and 20 min. till the couch calls - but I only got 5 hrs last night and was up at 9am, so I'll be about 22 hrs. by the time I get out of here.

going for the red bull - need my drugs...but I should make it...

but I am bored as hell....no paychecks for 3 weeks....living on credit cards - man....

ah well...beats being unemployed, eh?

RB

Graf Orlock
09-23-2004, 11:46 AM
http://www.nosferatuscoffin.com/Synopsis/NosferatuSleepingInCoffin.jpg

nolanfan34
09-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Ugh, doesn't sound like fun. It is better than being unemployed though.

Back in the day, I used to work the morning show at my news station. That required being there at about 3:30 am, so I was going to bed at 7:30 pm or so, and getting up at 2:30. That'll sure mess with your internal clock. Of course being done with work at noon was nice...

WDC
09-23-2004, 02:14 PM
the good news is you can go to CP aftert work. Only the degenerates are there at that time of the morning. Half the table will be asleep and the other half hungover because they stopped drinking at 2. Everyone will be departe to get back the money they lost. Its a good financial situation for the wide awake and clearheaded.

scotnt73
09-23-2004, 02:50 PM
i worked as a maximum security prison guard for the state of texas from the time i was 21-25. i worked from 10:30pm to 6:30am the whole time. all we did was count them 3 times and feed them once from 4:40am-6:00am. the rest of the time we just sat on milk crates a read books by flashlight. i wasnt into reading when i started the job but by the time i left i could read a small 150 page book it 1 night. definitely the most boring and depression job ever. the pay was great for a 21 year old married kid with no college at that time. and the state benefits for the wife and kid where better than any ive ever had to this day.
something about sleeping days is that i could never ever sleep 8 hours. i usually slept from 8am till about noon or 1. then id nap from 6 or 7pm till 9pm.

whiskeytown
09-23-2004, 04:18 PM
no one can get drunk at Canterbury - LOL - unless you're an 80 pound girl drinking long pours of JD - which is still only a regular shot size...

came home and slept till 2pm - so that should cover me the next couple nights....

to spend each day sleeping from 7-2pm ain't so bad...mornings suck so bad....

RB