PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding WSOP satellites

uw_madtown
09-23-2004, 01:14 AM
My main question is whether there are single-table satellites in Vegas for events other than the main event.

Basically, I'm interested in getting into the $2000 NL tournament, but I'd feel a bit reckless just buying in, so I was wondering if there were one-table satellites like there are for the main event.

If there aren't, I'll probably still consider buying in, if I can grind out $2000 in spare money by then, which should be more than possible.

Also, has any sort of event schedule been announced anywhere?

- UW

Acesover8s
09-23-2004, 02:34 AM
Yes,

Please use the search function to find more information in the future.

However, the satellites run constantly during the series, they run at every buyin level from $100 to $1000 with $25 juice regardless of the buyin. 99% of the satellites are NLHE, but occasionally you can get one going for a specific event. In any event, you do not win cash or a tournament entry, but $500 lammers. These lammers can be sold to other players or used to enter any event.

Furthermore, the structure of the satellites is terrible. The fact that most of your opponents are also terrible will make up for it.

Next year I will not play any satellites for the events, I will simply designate certain online sitngos as my satellite for this event or that.

Hope this helped.

uw_madtown
09-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks. In that case, I'll probably just plan on buying straight into an event if I enter... might as well win it online. That's all assuming I can do as well as I think I can, given that I'm just now moving up to 1/2...

And I'd usually use the search function on forums, but, well, 2+2's sucks. I did try, but the mass of results that came back would have taken hours to sort through.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

- UW