PDA

View Full Version : KJs - BB against a raise

nothumb
09-23-2004, 01:06 AM
This was a full game that got short-handed. The aggressive player seems decent and may be adjusting accordingly. He has been extremely aggressive, however, in situations I thought his edge was minimal or nonexistent (i.e. capping a T-high flush on a paired board.)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO <font color="purple">(Aggressive Player)</font> raises</font>, Button <font color="purple">(OK Player)</font> calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Aggressive Player bets</font>, OK Player calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Aggressive Player 3-bets</font>, OK Player folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Aggressive Player bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Aggressive Player bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.75 BB, between Hero and Aggressive Player.</font>

nothumb
09-23-2004, 01:28 AM
Bump!

No responses because it's tricky, or boring, or what?

NT

InchoateHand
09-23-2004, 01:50 AM
I like your line, mostly. Getting rid of OK player on the flop was important. You accomplished that. Check/calling down works well if you want the aggressive player to continue to bluff with AQ, or bet with JJ-QQ, maybe 99. I think this hand would have been easier to play if you had three-bet PF, but there is of course a sizable argument to be made to avoid that.
If you think there is an almost equall liklihood of AJ, AQ, JJ QQ or 99, your line is max/min win/loss. Now that you've built that pot on the flop, you kind of have to stay in. However, I'm not sure I entirely agree with the flop decision itslef- with even one spade, or one spade plus a Q/T I would have liked it a lot better. Once you are three-bet I begin to fear that you may be shown AK, KK or AA more frequently than the other holdings.
One can always hope for a bust Ah holding though.

Difficult hand.

detruncate
09-23-2004, 01:56 AM
I think you played it the only way you could have. The alternatives are folding to the flop raise or bringing another player along for the ride. Against a CO raise in a short-handed game by a player you suspect is "adjusting", calling down seems reasonable.