PDA

View Full Version : Magic Players - Attention!

nothumb
09-23-2004, 12:41 AM
Ok, so some of you play Magic.

I played it for a little while when I was like 11 or 12, barely remember the game, have a lot of old cards. Like, many from the original edition of the game and a few subsequent ones; definitely nothing later than '96 or so.

These cards are at my parents' house; I haven't seen them in a while. I don't recall having any fabulously rare cards but several fairly valuable/rare ones. All are still in good shape, some of the best ones are in plastic cases. I would estimate there are about 500 cards in all.

How much might this be worth? Where can I price them? What would be a good way to sell them? Will they continue to gain value or is there a plateau on this front?

Any input appreciated. I'd prefer to sell the whole set at once unless there would be considerable profit in isolating cards for auction or something like that.

NT

WillMagic
09-23-2004, 02:14 AM
It really depends how old the cards are.

If they are from Alpha, Beta, or Unlimited, they might be worth some money, since those cards are so hard to find. It's pretty easy to identify these cards - usually the text in the text box is written in some huge font, the borders are black and there is no expansion symbol in the center-right portion of the cards. (Unlimited is actually white-bordered, while Alpha and Beta are black-bordered)

In terms of selling them...you won't get much for the commons. For figuring out how much the cards are worth, I would recommend either looking up the card on Ebay or on www.cardshark.com... (http://www.cardshark.com...)

Don't expect too much. Since Wizards, the company that makes Magic, constantly releases new sets, most of the older cards are currently unplayable in most tournaments. There are a few that have held an extremely high value, but you would have to be very lucky to have such cards.

Will

ThePopinjay
09-23-2004, 02:38 AM
hey i have some "moxes" with that black border on it. are these any good? i got them as a christmas present as a youngster from my semi-rich uncle who apparently loved magic. never used em, they're still in these cases

MMMMMM
09-23-2004, 08:23 AM
That was a cool game. Too bad the rules got so screwy and the editions came out too fast for me to keep up with.

Look on eBay for the rarest/oldest cards you have and hope yours are in pristine condition. If you sell any be sure to mail them protected so they can't get dinged or anything in transit.

Steven_Skunk
09-23-2004, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so some of you play Magic.

I played it for a little while when I was like 11 or 12, barely remember the game, have a lot of old cards. Like, many from the original edition of the game and a few subsequent ones; definitely nothing later than '96 or so.

These cards are at my parents' house; I haven't seen them in a while. I don't recall having any fabulously rare cards but several fairly valuable/rare ones. All are still in good shape, some of the best ones are in plastic cases. I would estimate there are about 500 cards in all.

How much might this be worth? Where can I price them? What would be a good way to sell them? Will they continue to gain value or is there a plateau on this front?

Any input appreciated. I'd prefer to sell the whole set at once unless there would be considerable profit in isolating cards for auction or something like that.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Dude! You have some sweet cards. VERY SWEET. I am interested in your cards dude. I will pay top dollar. Give me a week, I got to see if my mom has any cash lying around.

I also am having a model train meeting this Saturday, me and the other guy might be able to turn up some money. I'm over near K.C., if you want to get some Bar-b-Que, just let me know ... I am friends with a dishwasher at Arthur Bryant's.

I also have Star Wars/Trek cards, figures, and whatnot ... interested in a trade?

Over and out Dude.

WillMagic
09-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Serious? Depending on condition, you could probably get between 250 and 500 for each one.

Will