PDA

View Full Version : I Bet z Doesn't Try This With His Animals

HDPM
09-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Dunno if you knew, but cocker spaniels seem to like tequila. They also seem to like red wine. Dog in question didn't get too much tequila, but rumor has it that his owner had a bottle and was drinking out of it periodically tonight for medicinal purposes and allowed said puppy to sample it. Dunno who that was and won't confess as alleged confessions can lead to 15-30 meaning something other than a betting limit for those foolhardy enough to alledgedly converse with the constabulary and subsequently insisting upon trials in front of 12 random people. Not that any such thing went down today or anything. So anyway puppy seemed to like the tequila, but there was no appreciable difference between his growl when unnamed assailants take away his toy and hold it out of reach to torment him before throwing it when he has had his tequila vs. when he has not. Bet z doesn't try this at home w/ the bears.

Zeno
09-23-2004, 03:46 AM
Old rural rumors state that wild bears sometimes get 'drunk' on fermented apples from old orchards. I have no idea if this is true, probably not, but it does make a good campfire story. Animals other than [censored] Sapiens should be allowed to enjoy the simple pleasures of life also.

Cheers!

-Zeno

Edit: Why is [censored] censored?

Ray Zee
09-23-2004, 04:08 AM
you still got that stupid cocker spaniel. and now you are feeding it booze. your end is near my dear boy.

Ray Zee
09-23-2004, 04:12 AM
the apples are ususally gone before fermented. but i have had pileated woodpeckers in the sarvice berry bushes drunk as a skunk and swaying back and forth, happy as a canary.

HDPM
09-23-2004, 11:13 AM
He only got a taste. Anyway he is stupid but is a nice dog. You should meet him sometime, I think he would like your shoes.

M2d
09-23-2004, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the apples are ususally gone before fermented. but i have had pileated woodpeckers in the sarvice berry bushes drunk as a skunk and swaying back and forth, happy as a canary.

[/ QUOTE ]

which begs the questions: exactly how drunk do skunks get? all the skunks I've run into have been pretty sober and seem pretty carefree. Not exacty your stereotypical drunkard, at least as far as H. sapiens standards go.
also, since the typical canary we run into is cooped up in a cage for most of the day, how happy are they, really?

Matt Flynn
09-23-2004, 12:31 PM
My Dad, brother and I were backpacking above Yosemite one 4th of July. We went to make Irish coffee for breakfast and found our full pint plastic bottle of whiskey was gone. We determined we had left it out the night before. Hunted around and found it on top of a nearby ridge empty with four large fang marks in it. There were bear tracks in the soft earth heading down the ridge, staggered and overlapped, some going sideways with no rhyme or reason. We decided our spirits had gone to good use.

That day it snowed almost an inch in July at 10,000 feet.

Matt

astroglide
09-23-2004, 12:33 PM
not cool

HDPM
09-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Before calling PETA on whomever supplied the alleged tequila, realize he got like one lick of it, not a pint or anything. He is not abused. Don't panic.

Ray Zee
09-23-2004, 11:26 PM
m2d. the typical person is also cooped up in a box most of their day. how happy can they be.really?

i dont know how the term drunk as a skunk came about. i am sure someone will find it on google somewhere. but i would think its because of the way the waddle in all different direction to go straight.

Jimbo
09-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Ray,

I like your explanation better but another possibility might be because very few words actually rhyme with drunk, and certainly no other animal names.

Jimbo

MMMMMM
09-24-2004, 07:21 AM
You might be surprised at what a drunk sheep will be willing to do.