PDA

View Full Version : Weekend in Long Beach, CA

BigFishSmallCardRoom
09-22-2004, 11:07 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for the best card room that is closest to Long Beach. I'll be there this weekend but not sure if Commerce or Hustler is near there. What are my options?

Thanks,

Fish

NLfool
09-22-2004, 11:22 PM
Hawaiian gardens is a hop and skip away.

PokerSlut
09-22-2004, 11:39 PM
Yeah I'd say probably Hawaiian Gardens, but Hustler and Hollywood Park aren't too far either assuming you're not trying to go during rush hour. Like maybe 30 minutes or so.

megabit
09-23-2004, 12:46 AM
You are about 45 min to an hour from my stomping grounds, Oceans 11.

Rick Nebiolo
09-23-2004, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for the best card room that is closest to Long Beach. I'll be there this weekend but not sure if Commerce or Hustler is near there. What are my options?

Thanks,

Fish

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are anywhere near the 710 freeway (aka The Long Beach Freeway) on a weekend it is a hop skip and a jump to the Bike. During the week the 710 has a lot of truck traffic, but on weekends it is usually clear (where the 405 is tough).

Take the 710 and get of at Florence (about three miles north of the intersection with 105). The Bike is at the intersection.

I'll be working as No Limit Host 5:00 pm to 1:00 am. Stop by and say hi.

Regards,

Rick

Red_Eye_Jedi
09-23-2004, 03:55 AM
If youre in Long Beach, your best bets would be either Commerce or the Bike. Im personally a regular player at Commerce, but thats just because it is closer to me, and the weekday traffic in LA is terrible. If youre going on the weekdays, the Bike is a better choice. If you'll be there on the weekends,you could try them both. During the weekends, it should take you fifteen minutes to get to either.

BigFishSmallCardRoom
09-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Thank you all for your thoughtful respones. I'll probably check out the Bike and maybe Commerce if I have time.