PDA

View Full Version : 11 Rebuy vs. 55 Rebuy on Pokerstars

Chief911
09-22-2004, 11:03 PM
Can someone give me a good comparison that has played in quite a few of these? I'm watching two tables (55 rebuy), both with completely different results on it. One table has a number of people who are pushing with any two cards. First hand all 3 of these guys went allin preflop: 52o, 76o, and AJo. And the 52o is someone who does VERY well at stars.

What is the level/quality of play at the 55 vs. the 11's?

Thanks ahead of time.

Nick

imitation
09-23-2004, 01:04 AM
I've won a few tourney dollars at stars and used them from 10+1s to 100+9s the play in all has been much of a muchness, infact in the 100+9 rebuy I played the play was the worst i've seen of any tourney. NOTE: I've never made it past the 2nd break so i'm talking about early on.

AceSquared
09-23-2004, 12:18 PM
I have won both a 55 and a 11 rebuy...in the 11 rebuy, during the first hour you will see alot of action, people try to build huge stacks as fast as possible, what you should do is take gambles with hands you wouldnt push with later on, like AJ type hands. I reccomend the 11 rebuy due to the fact 1st normally pays over 10k...huge ROI.

55rebuy is a little less action, unless you have a high roller at your table, maybe have 1 or 2 players that go crazy early on, but a little calmer.

Also, in the 11 rebuy, bad players will make it far due to lucky allins earlier. This means later on you can abuse their lack of skill!

fnurt
09-23-2004, 12:58 PM
I have never played the higher rebuys, but one of my friends who does well in the $109 rebuy says it's every bit as fishy as the $11.

Of course, as you've found from playing a number of these, there are big differences in wildness from table to table. Being lucky enough to get one or two maniacs at your table during the rebuy period makes all the difference, but according to my friend, the percentage of maniacs doesn't really change all that much depending on the buyin.