PDA

View Full Version : How profitable are MTTs vs SnGs?

Jman28
09-22-2004, 10:31 PM
I'm an SnG player currently. I am a consistant winner at the 20 and 30's on Party with an ROI of around 38 and 23 respectively while 4-tabling. I'm working on the transition as we speak (or type).

Anyway, I've played in a couple MTTs long in the past. Never any success, but I've learned a LOT of poker since then, and hadn't tried one for a while.

I recently played an Empire $11 MTT ($5000 guaranteed) and took 2nd for $750.

After that, I played in three more MTTs that week, 2 more of the same tourney, and one Party $55 tourney.

I finished OTM around 80 in the first 5k guaranteed (they pay 30-40) but took 4th in the next one for $350. Then I lost a big hand early in the $55 and only beat about 2/5 of the field.

I'm sure that I can't expect top 5 finishes half the time I play, but my ROI for these tourneys is rediculous compared to SnGs.

Now, tourneys also take MUCH longer than SnGs and should have a lot more varience. But, are there players who play only MTTs and make a decent earning somewhat consistently?

I'm super agressive on the bubble so I would expect a ton of varience... long losing streaks followed by one big cash that pays for all of it.

Whoah, wait a minute, I'm rambling.

I think you get the point. Tell me what you know please?

Thanks

-Jman28