PDA

View Full Version : party 2-4.....lay it down?

Victor
09-22-2004, 09:40 PM
I have realized I really suck at poker, so I am going to post every hand I remotely think about.

No reads on anyone really. Table is normal/passive and no one is getting out of line.

UTG limps, EP limps and I raise in LP with red Aces. BB calls and limpers call.

4 players for 8 sb. Flop is: Ks Jd 3d

UTG bets out, EP calls, I raise, UTG 3-bets, EP calls 2-cold and I cap.

3 players for 14 BB. Turn is Ks Jd 3d [5d] giving me a nut flush draw.

UTG bets out, EP calls and I call figuring I am behind to 2-pair or better but with a lot ways to improve.

3 players for 17BB
River is the Ace of spades and the board Ks Jd 3d 5d As.

UTG bets out and EP raises.

tolbiny
09-22-2004, 10:39 PM
Vic- I've been telling you that you suck at poker for years... You finally listen?

This hand is a tougher decision every time i read it. About 10 mins ago i got four bet on the river by top two with a flush on board ( i had a med flush). So even at a passive table its hard to put someone on a flush even with a river raise.
I think you have a call here, when you dont raise the turn it gets really easy for EP to forget about you, and only think about what he needs to beat UTG. He could easily have hit two pair with the A, or have a set that he played terribly, but you are usually ahead of UTg(>80%) and being ahead of ep 20-25% of the time isn't to hard to figure. The probelm with folding is that its real easy to start tilting when ep loses with AJ to UTG set of threes. You (as a person) are more likely to tilt with that result than losing to the flush here. (just my opinion)

Victor
09-22-2004, 11:48 PM
I know I am ahead of UTG. He either has 2- pair or a set so I got his ass. But EP has just called and weathered a ton of aggression. His only possible holding that I beat is AJ or a super weak AK. And now I gott a call 2 cold to see either a slowplayed flush or a rivered straight.