PDA

View Full Version : annoying empire tourney msgs

stoxtrader
09-22-2004, 08:54 PM
whats up with the annoying popups for tourneys on empire now? sheesh are they annoying.

Nick B.
09-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Come on, you only have 5 hours left to register for the 5,000 guaranteed tournament.

MicroBob
09-22-2004, 09:46 PM
I was about to post about this very topic.

Hurry, you've got 4:52 left to sign up.
Hurry, NOW you've only got 4:39 left to sign-up.

C'mon!!

NoChance
09-22-2004, 10:39 PM
Need to find a way to disable these.

Synergistic Explosions
09-22-2004, 10:47 PM
They need a do not alert list.

Thythe
09-23-2004, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They need a do not alert list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I was clearing a bonus there and found it quite annoying to get those pop ups.

MicroBob
09-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Well, they successfully got me to log-off of Empire.
I was playing there but had empire open as well in case I wanted to open a table. Instead, I'm more likely to open a table at one of the other party skins that I have open.

When I last checked, their stupid pop-ups had been successful in encouraging 38 players to sign-up for their precious $5k free-roll.

I don't mind the Stars alerts that come up on your table (that you also have the option to turn off) and I wouldn't even mind 1 or maybe 2 pop-ups before a couple of empire's bigger events.
But sending those alert pop-ups 4+ hours before the event (and every 20 mins or so) is really poor form.

Jimbo
09-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Try disabling windows messenger if you are using Windows XP.

This will not disable Microsoft messenger and IM's in case you use this to communicate with people on your buddy list.

Jimbo

MicroBob
09-23-2004, 12:31 AM
My post should have read that i was NOT playing at empire but did have it open. I was bonus-clearing on a couple other sites but had empire open in case i wanted to open a table.

Nick B.
09-23-2004, 02:21 AM