PDA

View Full Version : Correct way to play for the free card?

zuluking
09-22-2004, 08:51 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (12 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Sent
09-22-2004, 09:31 PM
It worked out nicely but it is hard to say what you would do if someone were on a flush draw /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

-Sent

detruncate
09-23-2004, 02:33 AM
Well... there are 17 bets in the pot when it gets to you. 3-betting seems best. I wouldn't tend to do this on a regular basis in a smallish pot with the flush draw afoot, but in this case it's probably the right move.

Cerril
09-23-2004, 05:18 AM
With the flush draw on the board I'd probably have tossed my hand to two bets cold if the pot had been small. As it is I don't mind your move at all, and it did allow you to drop your hand with that turn if you'd been bet into for a bit cheaper (knowing you were almost certainly beat). As it is, everything worked out swimmingly.

Jimbobobb
09-23-2004, 05:43 AM
Heck that raise is pretty much for value with that draw, even discouting your outs to 6.