PDA

View Full Version : Math Formula Needed

IRV
09-22-2004, 04:30 PM
Hello All!!

I was looking for a formula that will show the best hands pre-flop cards (all combinations) in descending order (top - lowest) depending on the amount of players in the hand (I guess you call that N) versus any number of random cards.

I don't know how well I explained that but I have a simplistic example. I get Q 7 o in the hole short stacked against 2 opponents. I would like to know my odds of winning the hand if the opponents stay in with their random cards.

Any suggestions highly appreciated.

Many Thanks!

pzhon
09-22-2004, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I get Q 7 o in the hole short stacked against 2 opponents. I would like to know my odds of winning the hand if the opponents stay in with their random cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Against two random hands (http://gocee.com/poker/HE_Value.htm), Q7o wins 33.2%.

IRV
09-28-2004, 08:29 AM
I appreciate your response and thanks for the link.

Ultimately, I would like to calculate the odds of me winning, against a range of hands. Is there a simple formula for me to do this.

Any help much appreciated

Lost Wages
09-28-2004, 10:08 AM
No, use PokerStove. (http://www.pokerstove.com) FWIW, showdown simulations are not very useful except for all-in situations.

Lost Wages

IRV
09-28-2004, 11:27 AM
The problem with pokerstove is that you cannot specify a range of hands against 1 hand. If I know player A raises in early position with AA,KK,AKs only, then I can get these range of cards and calculate my chance of winning against my 7 2o.

Anyone have any ideas or links I can read up on.

Thanks!

Lost Wages
09-28-2004, 12:01 PM
In fact, you can specify a range of hands.

1. Click on the player to set his hand.
2. On the "Hand Distribution" window that pops up, click the "Two Card" tab.
3. You can then select as many starting hands as you want.

If you start running complex range simulations, you will need to click the "Eval" tab at the bottom of the main window and check "Monte Carlo", then set the "Timeout" to however long you want it to run.

Lost Wages