PDA

View Full Version : value betting advice?

Marlow
09-22-2004, 04:16 PM
Hello. My new thing recently is to pick one element of my game that needs work and focus on it throughout a session. Recently, I have been working on my blind defense, and I think I've been improving thanks in equal part to this board (thank you!) as well as my recent acquisition of PT.

Anyway, my new thing is value betting. It occured to me yesterday that while bluffing really loses much of its profitability against players who call you down with 2nd pair (a lot of these in my current Absolute game), value bets become much more profitable. I'm a naturally passive person, although in the last few months, I've become an extremely aggressive poker player (thanks again to this forum). Many aspects of my game has transformed, but value betting on the more expensive streets is still difficult for me sometimes. Unfortunately, I don't have any specific hands right now, but I'm curious to hear any and all theories of value betting SH against LAG and Loose Passive opponents.

Once I have some specific examples, I'll post them here.

Marlow /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif