PDA

View Full Version : Poker pros who smoke weeeeeeeeeeed.

DimensionPresident
09-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Thought this may be a fun topic. The more I see Annie, the more I get the notion that she's a closet hippie who tokes.

Maybe it's the long sleeve t shirt under the short sleeve t shirt... 90's grunge style.

I'd love to see Phil play a table high.

The4thFilm
09-22-2004, 03:37 PM
shut the [censored] up

DimensionPresident
09-22-2004, 04:30 PM
No class.

JasonDB
09-22-2004, 05:01 PM
Can you say libel? How about defamation of character?

Sponger15SB
09-22-2004, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are such a [censored].

luckycharms
09-22-2004, 05:03 PM
I, personally think it's a humorous subject.... but I'm a stoner.

Tomir Benvenisti
Scotty Nyguen
Chris Ferguson
Fossilman for sure

JasonDB
09-22-2004, 05:05 PM
lmao ... very funny.

MrGo
09-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Tomir? You think so? Interesting.

I'd say Laak would be on the top of my suspicious list. Darden as well.

ThaSaltCracka
09-22-2004, 05:25 PM
I am gonna play a long.
-I think Negraneu(sp?who gives a [censored]) definitely does, I mean come on, look at the guy.
-Me(don't doubt my pro-ness)
-John Murphy
-who knows.... my guess is a lot do.

poboy
09-22-2004, 05:54 PM
This is a really stupid question. It doesn't make any difference whether you are a mechanic,engineer,lawyer, or pro poker player. Poker players are just like any other member of society, so if 50% of society smokes weed(I have no idea what the actual number is) than my guess would be that 50% of poker players also smoke weed. Also don't let looks fool you, you would never be able to tell by looking at me whether I did or not(you would probably think I didn't). So just because Annie and Daniel look the part doesn't mean they do, and just because Howard and Doyle don't look the part doesn't mean they don't.

duker41
09-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Add Phil Ivey as a potential stoner. I heard somewhere that he said he plays better if he smokes the morning of a tourney, but I don't recall where. Scotty Nguyen would be my favorite person to play with while we were both high

weekapaugz
09-22-2004, 06:22 PM
there's nothing wrong with this question. these players have become celebrities over the course of the past year or two, and asking whether one of them smokes is no different than asking if one of them...breaks the speed limit or swears in public. i could ask the same thing about matt damon or david carr or tom brokaw.

DimensionPresident
09-22-2004, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I can certainly say those words. What those words have to do with me taking a wild guess that someone may smoke weed based on appearance is beyond me.

And... didn't you die in one of those world wars?

DimensionPresident
09-22-2004, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a really stupid question. It doesn't make any difference whether you are a mechanic,engineer,lawyer, or pro poker player. blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more so a topic of who "looks" like they smoke out, not really who actually does smoke out... with the sub question of "who would you like to see play poker after smoking out?"

I mean, Christ. Phil is already thanking "the forces of the universe" for his good fortune while sober. Imagine this guy after tokin some panama red.

Asufiji2004
09-22-2004, 07:17 PM
I'll say Lederer for sure tokes, he's been to like 150 grateful dead concerts. He's gotta get high. It's always those guys in their 40's-50's that surprise you and still smoke.

The13atman
09-22-2004, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-I think Negraneu(sp?who gives a [censored]) definitely does, I mean come on, look at the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daniel's actually said he's never gotten high in his life, although he has played drunk before and lost $70,000 because of it. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The13atman
09-22-2004, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll say Lederer for sure tokes, he's been to like 150 grateful dead concerts. He's gotta get high. It's always those guys in their 40's-50's that surprise you and still smoke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard he used to be a cokehead, but who knows, that very well could just be a rumor. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

River2Pair
09-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Check Daniel's website and he is dressed as Bob Marley in his Halloween pictures with a big [fake?] doobie hanging out of his mouth. Plus he's Canadian and has a lot of money. It really wouldn't surprise me.

Sponger15SB
09-22-2004, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Add Phil Ivey as a potential stoner. I heard somewhere that he said he plays better if he smokes the morning of a tourney, but I don't recall where.

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently you missed the joke. somebody asked ivey if he smokes when he was playing on full tilt, and he replied something like "yeah especially during big tourneys" as a joke.

i'd hope somebody who plays in the biggest of big games doesn't NEED weed to calm himself down.

that being said, he probably smokes weed and also plays basketball and is in a gang and he loves rap music.

The13atman
09-23-2004, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check Daniel's website and he is dressed as Bob Marley in his Halloween pictures with a big [fake?] doobie hanging out of his mouth. Plus he's Canadian and has a lot of money. It really wouldn't surprise me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is from one of his articles:

"Most of my friends smoked cigarettes, and by high school, most of them also smoked pot. I hated cigarettes, and was deathly afraid of drugs. Believe it or not, I never once smoked a joint, although I was a cigarette smoker for about three days."

I suppose he could just be referring only to having never smoked a joint back THEN, but who knows.

thedude4life
09-23-2004, 02:30 AM
i know paul phillips posts here now so this thread cannot continue without this pic in it

http://www.improving.org/paulp/

PITTM
09-23-2004, 02:45 AM
being a pretty giant stoner myself, i consider myself to be quite an authority on the subject. I thought phil ivey looked sooooo [censored] stoned on the TOC last night, good lord. but i think i wouldnt be able to handle playing with marcel luske while high, it would be wayyyyy too confusing.

rj

jerome baker
09-23-2004, 03:41 AM
dn def does not smoke.
layne probably smokes once in a while.

PITTM
09-23-2004, 04:33 AM
haha! jerome baker should only be able to post regarding weed smoking threads, with that name and all...

rj

dabluebery
09-23-2004, 07:54 AM
You guys are forgetting about the random drug testing on the World Poker Tour....

Anyone remember a Daily Show "feature" about a woman disqualified from a bridge tournament for testing positive for drugs? It had Stephen Colbert, and he made this funny metaphor with a house of cards on screen "But then Jane's world came tumbling down..... (as he blows on the house to knock it over, only to find out that it's glued together.) Then he picks up the house of cards, and says "Ok, who's fired?" Good stuff.

Anyway, that's about as significant as the rest of this stuff, so I'm not even that sorry for digressing.

Rob

goldcowboy
09-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Peter Jennings, Larry Walker (baseball player), and Anne Murray (singer) are also rich canucks. So do they toke too? I would have added Jim Carey to this list but in his case I think the answer is obvious...

Havoc51
09-23-2004, 09:06 AM
I can't beleive nobody has mentioned Chris (Jesus) Fergusson. If anyone looks like a stoner, it's him.

Dutch Boyd would probably be on that list, too. If not the entire Crew.

JasonDB
09-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Your post says pros who smoke weeeeeeeeed, not who looks like they smoke weed. Small but important distinction.

And I died in star wars not in a world war.

DimensionPresident
09-23-2004, 09:46 AM
I hope to God you're kidding because the thought of someone like you procreating is scary.

JasonDB
09-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Hey genius, I know you think you are being light hearted and funny but I am an attorney and have had to defend just this very type of libel case from an internet posting just like the one you made. You have more leeway in this case because you are dealing with a public figure. However, I know the reality of how internet postings just like this one can cost people a great deal.

Its fine to raise this type of subject when you are watching poker at home with the boys. However it is ridiculously irresponsible to make a very public allegation on a premier forum that could be a detriment one's reputation in many eyes on the basis of nothing more than you think they wear "grungy" clothes. I guess that means that some of the skinnier guys on tour must be crackheads or meth addicts.

ratso
09-23-2004, 10:44 AM
My guess would be all the old crusty Las Vegas types.

ratso
09-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Some lawyers take themselves too seriously. I wonder if one of them goes to a comedy club, and the comic spots them and insults them if they would threaten to sue. Probably. Back in grade school, they were the guys and gilrs who always told the teacher on everyone. Have a sense of humor. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

JasonDB
09-23-2004, 10:54 AM
You are probably right. Spend 1 year in litigation over something like this and it skews your perception.

Anal Police
09-23-2004, 11:08 AM
whoah whoah whoah.... easy there tool man. It's all jokes.

challenger84
09-23-2004, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't beleive nobody has mentioned Chris (Jesus) Fergusson. If anyone looks like a stoner, it's him.

Dutch Boyd would probably be on that list, too. If not the entire Crew.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only things Dutchy and the crew smoke are eachothers erect penises.

DimensionPresident
09-23-2004, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey genius, I know you think you are being light hearted and funny but I am an attorney and have had to defend just this very type of libel case from an internet posting just like the one you made. You have more leeway in this case because you are dealing with a public figure. However, I know the reality of how internet postings just like this one can cost people a great deal.

Its fine to raise this type of subject when you are watching poker at home with the boys. However it is ridiculously irresponsible to make a very public allegation on a premier forum that could be a detriment one's reputation in many eyes on the basis of nothing more than you think they wear "grungy" clothes. I guess that means that some of the skinnier guys on tour must be crackheads or meth addicts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so incredibly clueless that I think the only way someone could be this clueless is if that person is under the influence of a controlled substance.

That's right folks, I think Jason is high.

*waits for lawsuit*

DimensionPresident
09-23-2004, 12:31 PM
*gets done waiting for lawsuit because one will never come, maybe jason is too stoned to remember how to file one anyway*

Listen, bub. The subject of the post is in fact "poker pros who smoke weed", yet in my actual post, the one where I express my opinion, I make no mention of weed and only "suspect annie may be a closet hippie". The fact that she's a public figure makes zero difference. I could say the same about Joe Nobody and it wouldn't matter.

You must have went to the worst law school on earth to for the thought of "libel" to even cross your shallow mind.

I feel sorry for anyone who pays a dime for your services.

DimensionPresident
09-24-2004, 10:44 AM
Jason has sued this thread.

Knockwurst
09-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Panama Red? I think you've been listening to too many Cheech and Chong records.

Dave? Dave's not here. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif