PDA

View Full Version : My hovercraft is full of eels

TwoShedsJackson
09-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Is this a case where it's impossible to protect your hand against someone who's going to call to the river. On the turn I suspected a diamond flush draw and the raise from CO confirmed it - I still called as who knows what some folk will call with.

Lately it seems that anytime I call someone who raises when a flush card comes on the river they're not bluffing.

Bill Smith
09-22-2004, 04:12 PM
Love the subject title...

There is nothing you can do about this. You bet because you probably have the best hand, can draw to a boat, and want to charge other players with draws. You have to call the river because you only have to catch a bluff 1 in 16 times to make the call right. You're last to act at all points and have no opportunity to force them to call 2 cold. NH, move on, next time will the dealer into rivering a 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif instead.

Boolean
09-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Not quite right. If I read this correctly, he has to call 2 big bets for 14.25, meaning he has ~ 7:1 odds. I was thinking fold here.

o0mr_bill0o
09-22-2004, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not quite right. If I read this correctly, he has to call 2 big bets for 14.25, meaning he has ~ 7:1 odds. I was thinking fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i feel like this is a grudging fold as well. when people come alive like that they are rarely bluffing, probably not 1 in 7 times. and even if that's the case, the possibility of a 3-bet or even a cap would probably have to make this a fold.

bisonbison
09-22-2004, 09:43 PM
On the turn I suspected a diamond flush draw and the raise from CO confirmed it

Sigh. You can notice the possibility of a diamond draw on the turn, but suspecting it based on calls in a limit hand is a little too monday morning quarterback for me. I suspect they clicked the call button, that's as far out on a limb I'm willing to go.

I would call the river too, for sanity's sake.