PDA

View Full Version : QQ on button

Peter
09-22-2004, 02:51 PM
I have only played about 1000 hands in 1/2 six max. So far I have the feeling most opponents pretty much play like it is a full ring game.
This game seemed the same, loose passive, lots of hands where there were 5 or 6 players to the flop, not much preflop raising.

Do you raise the flop as well? If so, how do you continue? If you don't raise the flop, do you just call down?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Peter is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Peter raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO folds.

Flop: (11 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Peter raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Peter folds.

Peter

Guido
09-22-2004, 05:20 PM
I don't raise the flop, I would fold the turn too.

Guido

wahooriver
09-23-2004, 10:18 AM
This hand is one of my great dilemmas. I hate to assume that the better clearly has me beat (especially in a very loose game). I would bet, raise and call against 1 loose player. I would call, then fold the turn with several callers.

Dr_Colossus
09-23-2004, 11:06 AM
I think the raise on the flop was the correct action as the initial better could have been betting with mid pair in order to determine his oppononents hands. When he calls however and then bets the turn as well you have to fold especially when the third player calls also. You have to put him on at least a K and the third player on a K with a weak kicker.
What was the outcome?

Peter
09-23-2004, 12:34 PM
That was approximately my line of thinking.
It turned out that the better had 45o, one of the limpers folded on the river, the other limper had QTo and won. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Peter

tripdad
09-23-2004, 05:21 PM
how about you type in " i have QQ and i'll raise any bet". if they bet into you, fold. if they check to you, bet.

is this legal or ethical?

cheers!

ctv1116
09-23-2004, 05:44 PM
This is one of those way-ahead, way-behind situations. You either have to commit yourself to calling to the river (BB is betting T9 or a flush draw) or folding now.