PDA

View Full Version : Mid Tournament KK Hand

michaliv
09-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Here is a hand that came up in a tournament I played last night:

The blinds are 100/200 w/ no ante. I have 14465 and am the biggest stack at the table. There are 400 people left out of the starting 2200+. The money starts at 135 people, but I am only worried about making it to the final table.

An EP player raises to 800. I am on the button w/ KK and reraise to 2800. The BB calls the 2800. He is the second biggest stack at the table w/ 10805. He has been fairly loose and aggressive (which is how he got most of his stack). The EP raiser reraises all-in 815 more. I cannot raise (he didn't have enough to raise me min). I call and the BB calls. Flop is 9d2d3d. The BB bets 1200. I have the Kd and 10850 left. What should I do?

Chief911
09-22-2004, 02:26 PM
I think I'd push. Hard to put him on a made flush, and that gives him a 1 in 3 draw. You're significantly ahead, and you have him covered. Push and make HIM squirm. If he called your reraise with a small pocket pair for trips, it was a poor play on his part and he got lucky (Unless it was 99). If he calls you on a draw, congrats you are ahead.

Nick

SossMan
09-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Push. You need to protect your hand, and you have either the best hand or a pretty good draw to the best hand. The only way you are in serious trouble is if one of them has a set and the other has the Ad. Or if one of them has AA w/ Ad.

The preflop raise is a little high for my taste, but it looks like the table is pretty loose, so overbetting isn't horrible.

michaliv
09-22-2004, 03:30 PM
I was thinking along the same lines as you. I figured I had the best hand or at least a good draw to the best hand. I pushed in and he called. He had AdQd for the flopped flush. Thanks for the input.