PDA

View Full Version : WPT Borgata... Dave Williams in first

ZeeJustin
09-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Click here (http://www.pokerpages.com/tournament/result9698.htm)

Tosh
09-22-2004, 01:33 PM
Looks like a good final table.

WC64
09-22-2004, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a good final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing

sdplayerb
09-22-2004, 03:08 PM
How has kanigawa not posted 10 times on this already?

screw "the crew"
09-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Will Arieh complain even about Negreanu's plays?

Duke
09-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Yeah but people actually read what ZeeJustin posts.

~D

The Q
09-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Arieh is a different guy I think. The list on the link says Ariel.

cowpie
09-22-2004, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's misspelled, it should be Josh Marielle.

tpir90036
09-22-2004, 04:11 PM
well, "Josh Arieh" was in 7th at the end of day 2. i think it's safe to say it's still him on day 3.

3rdEye
09-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Looks like this one is shaping up to make good viewing when the WPT airs it.

KanigawaCards7
09-22-2004, 05:15 PM
LOL
See heres why. I love David. I know what a genuis he is, and Ive seen him make countless final tables eating taco bell food and playing aggressive solid MTG. I love how he transferred his MTG skills to Poker and you can directly see his MTG strategies in the way he plays poker.I wish him the best of luck and will be excited to watch him in future final tables. However I very stupidly defended David in the past, and I can tell right now that i would be a bad lawyer. Plus, David's play will do the talking for himself, and i agreed with the other posters that i do need to shut up.
One thing is that his experience with a commanding stack lead in poker is zilch(offline) and im interested in seeing if he can defend it. I still imagine someone like Daniel toppling him in the end.I think he can make it to second though, and i think he has a lock on third or fourth, so im just proud of him. /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Besides David I was hoping phil Ivey would win this thing, but my moneys on Josh or daniel for first and David for second.

09-22-2004, 05:26 PM
Dude, this is a brutally long post for what you actually said - I know you have man-love for (and are friends w/) D. Williams, but we don't need magic in every post about the guy. He's obviously moving on nicely.

That said - pretty impressive final table, no doubt.

[ QUOTE ]
LOL
See heres why. I love David. I know what a genuis he is, and Ive seen him make countless final tables eating taco bell food and playing aggressive solid MTG. I love how he transferred his MTG skills to Poker and you can directly see his MTG strategies in the way he plays poker.I wish him the best of luck and will be excited to watch him in future final tables. However I very stupidly defended David in the past, and I can tell right now that i would be a bad lawyer. Plus, David's play will do the talking for himself, and i agreed with the other posters that i do need to shut up.
One thing is that his experience with a commanding stack lead in poker is zilch(offline) and im interested in seeing if he can defend it. I still imagine someone like Daniel toppling him in the end.I think he can make it to second though, and i think he has a lock on third or fourth, so im just proud of him. /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Besides David I was hoping phil Ivey would win this thing, but my moneys on Josh or daniel for first and David for second.

[/ QUOTE ]

cowpie
09-22-2004, 05:33 PM
I can't wait to watch this WPT episode! What do you think Vince van Patten will call Josh Arieh? Paul Phillips is "Dot Com", so will Josh Arieh be "Josh MotherFucker Arieh"?

Stew
09-22-2004, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you guys are being serious or joking, but it is Josh Arieh, the dude that finished third in the WSOP (pokerpages mis-spelled it, check the cardplayer link below).

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_tournaments/results.php?event_id=1100

nolanfan34
09-22-2004, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ive seen him make countless final tables eating taco bell food and playing aggressive solid MTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, this is funny. What does Taco Bell have to do with anything? You're a funny guy, I like it.

BTW, anyone else tired of hearing about Magic the Gathering?

cowpie
09-22-2004, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you guys are being serious or joking, but it is Josh Arieh, the dude that finished third in the WSOP

[/ QUOTE ]

I was joking, but next time I'll add a smiley so that there'll be no confusion. /images/graemlins/smile.gif (BTW, this wasn't a joke)