PDA

View Full Version : AQo - Flop and Turn Play help needed

skirtus
09-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

I was going for a check-raise. Felt CO would be and I could narrow the field. When Button raised should I have just called?

Turn: (11 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

Was folding here too weak?

River: (21 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 29 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 29 BB, between CO and Button.</font>

LowDown22
09-22-2004, 12:43 PM
I'd reraise preflop.
Bet the flop. If it comes raised and reraised back to me, I would call and hope to improve on the turn or check-fold there.

I don't like the flop checkraise because there's only one person between you and the CO that would have to face two bets. Bet out and the CO could raise and have Button and SB both face two cold.

topspin
09-22-2004, 01:22 PM
PF cold-call is fine. I'd lead the flop; check-raising just traps CO and Button for 2 bets. With your line, I'm inclined to just call the flop instead of 3-betting. Facing two bets cold the turn is an easy fold the first time around.

I'm guessing CO had JJ?