PDA

View Full Version : "steal attempt, Good or bad"

Potowame
09-22-2004, 11:42 AM
I felt this was a good time to steal, I would like to see if I was right or wrong here.

Hand #1

Blinds 200

Pretty short stacked here but I still had some folding equity and thought this is a good steal. The big stack hand been playing tight the last 30 hands or so, and I had seen him muck to raises alot, the Button was playing lose trying to do the old auto bet on the flop to steal our blinds.

Hero T1750
SB T13000
Button T3500

Folded to the Button who limps, Sb completes, Hero 910S.

I push all-in

willie
09-22-2004, 12:18 PM
i think it's fine.

you're shortstacked and have to gamble, so i think this hand is pretty decent to make a stand with.

you probably ran into someone limpin a monster out of the sb, that happens, but all in all i like the play.

SossMan
09-22-2004, 01:03 PM
I like it...lots of FE.

Prime Time
09-22-2004, 01:29 PM
with SB completeing, I like to look at the flop for free, and push if I hit anything or a draw.
Blinds are only 200, why not wait, you have enough chips for a better spot to push.

Potowame
09-22-2004, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

with SB completeing, I like to look at the flop for free, and push if I hit anything or a draw.
Blinds are only 200, why not wait, you have enough chips for a better spot to push.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a "Blind Steal" you think that I Could find a better time to do this? I know that I could find a better hand to do this with but, I figure that this hand was the perfect hand to steal with in this. Live cards if called, and a high% that they are folding to my push. I think this would be a bad play with people to act behind me, but they both limped and and pretty well telling me they want to see a cheap flop.

Potowame
09-22-2004, 03:36 PM
I was of course hoping to pick up the 600 and move on to the next hand, but it didn't turn out that way.

Button folds quickly ( I would think he would have to have a monster to call here with the Big stack still to act)

SB Big stack: takes alot of time and calls.

I think ut oh. He turns over 33 , and I think hell yeah. This is the best possible call I could hope for. I catch a 9 on the River and Double up.

The reason that I posted this hand is I want to make sure this was soild, not just thinking that I made the right move because I doubled up. I really think the call with 33 was horrid but I was really happy with it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

getridofbush
09-22-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure why the call is horrid. The SB is the big stack, and you are allin for less than 1/7 his stack. He's basically even money to knock you out, and in any case, the same logic that says it's a reasonable time to try and steal says it's reasonable for him to *think* you're trying to steal. Sure, he's calling not raising, but again: it's a coin flip for him if you have any two overcards.

Potowame
09-22-2004, 05:35 PM
Call me crazy here, but I think risking 13.5% of your stack trying to pick off steal attempts with 33 Horrid.

But if You like to call these thinking that you will be 50/50 go ahead. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jayrutz2
09-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Interesting delimna when you are short stacked with big stacks direct on your right. This makes stealing VERY problematic...I think your push should expect a caller and I think the call is a good one.

Now, if you push again, he'd be crazy to now risk 1/3 of his stack on 33...

getridofbush
09-22-2004, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call me crazy here, but I think risking 13.5% of your stack trying to pick off steal attempts with 33 Horrid.

But if You like to call these thinking that you will be 50/50 go ahead. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, maybe we disagree, but I do want to point out that he eliminates you when he wins, too. Obviously the value of this depends on how many players are left. But it ain't zero, either. /images/graemlins/grin.gif