PDA

View Full Version : Near the Bubble - I needed some chips, should I push here?

Cleveland Guy
09-22-2004, 11:38 AM
I haven't played a SnG in a while, as I have been working on my ring game.

I played a $20 +2 SnG - I was looking for a diff challange for a night, and figured I would be bored by a 5 or 10. This was a bit higher level than I had played in the past, but I felt very comfortable througout the whole game (thank you 2 +2)

I had just recently lost most of my stack when my straight ran into a full house. I am left with 690 and am currently the short stack.

Blinds are 150/300. BB is the chip leader with about 6K. SB has about 1K in chips

I am on the button with j /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif. It's folded to me. I figure the BB will call with just about any 2 - as it's basically only one more bet. I also figure SB will probably fold unless he has a monster. Is this a good place to push it all in?

wjmooner
09-22-2004, 11:44 AM
J9s is better than a random hand. You will never have any folding equity, so this is as good a spot as any to throw it in against the big stack and hope he calls you with 39o.

Unclear from your post, but if it is down to final three then you are BB next hand and would practically be committed in the BB. The blind money in the middle combined with your slightly better than average hand makes this an easy push for me.

Chris

Bigwig
09-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Yes, push. You're out of folding equity. And this is as good a spot as any, on the button, with a good solid hand. If you get a call, there's a good chance with J9s that you won't be dominated.

Cleveland Guy
09-22-2004, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Unclear from your post, but if it is down to final three then you are BB next hand and would practically be committed in the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry If I wasn't clear. There were 5 left. UTG had less than 1 BB, so was all in on his next hand.

wjmooner
09-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Still an easy push since the SB has 1k in chips and can wait you out unless you double up.

C

rachelwxm
09-22-2004, 12:16 PM
you don't provide enough infomation here. What's the stack size of the other two. If it's party, i figure your three have similar stacks. The push is not clear to me.

durron597
09-22-2004, 12:58 PM
You have zero folding equity. If this was on pokerroom, 6k + 690 + 1k + 300 = 8k, so the CO has about 7k chips of his own.

Even so, the SB has enough of a chip lead on you that you probably won't find a better spot. I would push.

Cleveland Guy
09-22-2004, 12:58 PM
It's pokerroom, and I'm at work, so I'm doing this off of memory.

But they were some where around here

UTG - 275
CO - 5K (ish)
Me - 690
SB- a bit over 1K, I think around 1,200(after posting SB)
BB - over 6k ( after posting).

Cleveland Guy
09-22-2004, 02:46 PM
I pushed - and he called with any 2. Which happened to be T4s.

I hit a 9 on the flop and it held up. I ended up finishing 2nd. I just wanted to make sure my thought process was right and not results oriented.